Looking Back, Do You Ever Think You Loved Jehovah God?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As a child, I was made to believe that I loved my mom and family and close friends but that I loved no one more than Jehovah God. Did you ever really love Him?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I dont think we can truly Love an idea, which actually God sort of is.

because we are a physical being we need a physical being to love. In my opinion, we need actual contact , its what bonds feelings. Like wise, I can say that I would have a hard time saying 'I love my sister', If I never met her, spoke to her, or seen her, just knew of her.

So, If she died, I might be sad, but not distraut or devestated, as I do not have an emotional attachment to someone Ive never met.

I can say I dont think I ever loved God the same way I love my children.

the idea may have been that I did those things to show That I loved God.

or was it the idea of being special?

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I think I did. I was really zealous and really tried my best to study, comment, attend meetings, etc. I studied on my own against what my parents wanted and the only one in my entire family to study with JW's (My family's catholic). So yeah I guess I really did mean all of it.The elder asked at the end of the questioning for baptism, why I wanted to be Jehovah's witness. The answer rolled right off of my tongue about how happy Jehovah has made me. I was always good at expressing affection in a poetic way so the elder was very impressed with my answer. But I was actually really depressed and suicidal, only tricking myself into believing the world was just bringing me down. Somehow on a whim, I started looking up the organization's history after I got baptized and cannonballed right in. I lost all faith in the organization within 3 days of researching. And I think I somehow always knew subconsciously that my depression was because of the organization.

So did I really loved Jehovah God? Maybe.
    But I needed him like a women to her abusive husband.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So there's this all-powerful guy out there who created you with the ability to reason, but in order to get his approval you have to bypass your supposedly god-given powers of reason, opting, instead, to rely on faith. He gave you the ability to weigh the evidence before believing something, but refused to give any firm evidence to even demonstrate his mere existence. And if you don't blindly believe in him (and, what's more, spend all your free time in pursuit of his "kingdom interests") you will lose any opportunity at an afterlife.

No, I could never love that guy. That guy was a dick.

• watson
    watson

I don't think Jehovah really expects us, or wants us to love him more than our family. If he or it exists, he probably just wants us to love.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I believe in his existance, but many times I realize how it is near impossible to live up to his standards. Subconciously, I always knew that, but I truly wanted to do what was right. So I got baptised at before I was twelve, but really Love Jah......like, but even know I find it hard to love an entity of which I cannot see. To love an entity to which I have associated with an organazation. An organazation that leads people into misery on a wasteful treadmill. I guess it is possible to really love God, but it really takes alot of faith.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Yes. Thank God I never confused Him, his son, the holy angels and the Bible with a corrupt human organization of sinners at Bethel. And I think that blurring of reality is why Bethel does harm people's faith and for that they will pay a huge price because that is EXACTLY what those hypocrites are doing to those not yet determining God is God, men are men, period—and for good reason.

Liar men do not make me doubt the Almighty power. Liar men are what make me believe more in what God has said concerning the human downfall. And apostay like Bethel merely affirms to me God's prophecy has also foretold them, and in time it is He who will nail Bethel, while it may just appear to be human error, human error did aid it, but Bethel carries a divine bill of reproach that will get paid first. Bethel is a big sin, I cannot blame God for that reality.

Bethel's end will also affirm prophecy and that no one "mocks God", not even "holier than thou" Bethel. (imo, Dan8:13-14, Zech3:1-5) Just be patient, you will see Bethel "reap what it has sown" and weeds and crimes is what Bethel has been "sowing". They are a rather large and well hidden lie, and that is more than just opinion, imo.

But I don't think JWs should be blamed for its lawless elites, JWs will be the final victims and hopefully we can help them face the reality when it comes, like human beings and not people playing God like many of today's misled JWs. They had very bad examples leading them and teaching them error and self-righteousness for quite a while, decades in fact.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was a full blown JW for 33 years . Did I ever love jehovah? Maybe I thought I did , but how can you love somebody /God if you cant have a two way conversation with them ? Its alright for those that say he speaks to us in his written word ,the Bible , but hey , arent their something like 40,000 christian denominations in the world ? All with different agendas ? And the God of the bible sits back and doesnt say a word ? For at least 2000 years ?

Lets turn the question around : Does God Jehovah love his creation ?

He destroyed most of it in the flood , if you beleive that account.

He is on record by his own testimony the Bible , he authourised ,genocide against multiple nations , man women children old men virgins whatever .

Then their was the flood millions died , children ? old men ? virgins ? women , being obedient to their husbands no doubt

Not to mention all the animals that were needlesly killed , what sin did they commit .?

He sanctioned millions of cattle and sheep to be slaughtered as a sacrifice to him at various festivals.

The blood that Jehovah shed in the Hebrew scriptures is unprecedented in history .The scriptures state that GOD never changes despite what you are led to beleive in the New Testament , until you get to the book of revelation , where jehovah reveals his real self.

More blood please.

smiddy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Yes. It was my brother that taught me to pray.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I never loved him I just saw him as a father.

At 22 I ALMOST had sex with my then fiance....oh no I thought I was condemned to Gehenna... BUT.... I kept on until almost 32 before I foudn out Jeblooper is a fantasy,,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit