Memorial Partakers

by Yondaime 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Do they want to attract attention to themselves or are they just crazy?

My sister just had a spiritual orgasm since she met a brother at a party who'd took part in the emblems.

I'm an atheist so I know its a load of BS, but what do you think this guy's objective is?

• J.C.
    J.C.

Is this not where the overlapping Generation theory starts to fall apart. There are less then 1000 of anointed or professed anointed left. these claim to have Gods spirit. Where is the two witness rule here. It's not questioned. Aparantly. Nevertheless. At the time of the end these ones will be taken from the earth. So. Take the loons from the loons. Not many left. Generation overlap = dumb. Or for the dumb to believe.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

According to JW's what sets the Great Crowd apart from the 144,000 is the 144,000 "desires to live in heaven, not earth".

In my view, an individual that is more emotional and imaginative may be drawn to heavenly life, an individual who feels personaly close to God may also desire to live in Heaven, so that he/she may be in the Presence of God.

The mind is a difficult thing to know.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As a partaker, let me answer your question. It's obvious from an unbiased examination of the New Testament, that ALL XIANS should partake. This is assuming that the bible is inspired and from a divine being.

For me, if the Bible was right, the GB were wrong. It was that simple. That being said, I am now a doubter. Also, there are some bat-shit crazy dubs and those other crazies who worship them. I had a dub ask me to put in a good word with Jesus for them.

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

I've often wondered that same thing - that is, what moves some people to partake. I think some convince themselves they are anointed. All of the local partakers are oddballs - no normal folk.

And they say that a partaker just knows he's anointed. Well how? How does he know? Nobody can ever answer that. How does Mark Sanderson know he's anointed???

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is something that can never be challenged!

If a witness doubts that another is annointed (assuming that one is an 'exemplary witness', not a 'crazy'), then the doubter is made to feel like they might be questioning God himself!

So witnesses take the path of least resistance and just go with the flow....

• Listener
    Listener

There's no physical evidence of them being anointed, so it's a spiritual thing. This means they are being communicated to spiritually. However, they keep changing their doctrines which means there cannot be any spiritual communication.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

There is a sister at my hall who partakes.....shes a bit weirder than the rest of us. (even though Im no longer mentally bound in slavery to men) Its a combination of imagination and perhaps some subconcious thought which manifest themselves in a dream repeatedly. Combine this dream with self-righteousness and a feeling of passion for the Lord, and you're convinced you are the one to serve as Kings and Priest before Jehovah over your brothers.

• prologos
    prologos

The 144 000 are said to be sealed, not anointed (Rev. 7) the partaking was of the new covenant, (forgiveness of sins), somehow wt rolled this into one, --wrongly.

all need forgiveness of sin(s) if there was a talking snake. so partaking at the "memorial" would be declaring yourself a WT sealed/anointed JW.

Many eschew that stance, partake privately instead, --just in case there is a talking snake and sin/redemption.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Combine this dream with self-righteousness and a feeling of passion for the Lord, and you're convinced you are the one to serve as Kings and Priest before Jehovah over your brothers.

Add a little mental illness, shake or stir well, half-bake it, and there you have it.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit