Child sex abuse cases mentioned at weekly meeting?

by HeyThere 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Okay, tonight someone told me that one of the elders actually addressed the child sex abuse cases at the weeknight meeting this past week. She said the speaker said that accusations are being made against the truth but that they should stand firm in the truth and that they are going to continue fighting these allegations and that all should stand firm for jehovah or some similar comments...

Did anyone else hear this from the stage?

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Wow..... didn't hear that at our meeting! They will blame the victim, if they do mention it.

Anyway, Take Care,

AB

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Did the speaker use the words child abuse or just that "accusations" are being made?

Because I have heard speakers say that opposers make accusations that we should not believe,

but never heard a speaker be specific.

More like a general warning that "whatever we are accused of don't believe it because it's lies."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm sure in most KH nothing will be mentioned about the lawsuits. This has always been the way of this cult, keep quiet and hope the sheep stay asleep..

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

A few years ago, when accusations were spread in newspapers and television in some European countries, a special talk was given at a service meeting and the branches in question prepared a letter that was read to the congregations, so it is not always kept quiet.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

My guess whould be that this is an isolated case when the pedophile scandal has become a hot topic in that locale, and the elder is trying to quelch the gossip. The pedophile scandal is the big elephant in the room that JW's ignore unless they absolutely have to address it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Typical corporate behavior. Ignore it, or spin it. As mentioned, the sheeple are generally ignorant, that makes it easier to spin the issue. In their ignorance of the situation, the sheeple defer to the super powers of the Governing Popes.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm surprised it was mentioned. If the head honchos at WBT$ HQ hear of it they'll kick him in the goolies for mentioning it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

When the Panorama expose was shown (2002) I was still in and I seem to remember the congregation being warned that it was a satanic attack and that we shouldn't view it.

I'm not sure about a letter from the GB to that effect. It was probably a local needs talk.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I'm currently a JW...new...but, I really don't think that the majority of friends are dumb...they play dumb, until you make a mistake & they are smart as anything. The point is that they all read different sites (even though we aren't supposed to) but you can't say anything, because then you are exposing yourself...they know about these scandals, & some have even had experiences with someone either in their family or heard of someone who has gone to the elders because of a scandal. I have been to many meetings where when something is announced...just look at the body language, they stiffen up...because they have to act like it's water off a duck's back. Many of the friends come through some crazy lives...so the hall brings them some sort of peace. I've spoken to many of the friends...& some of their lives...yikes...So I don't think it's so much that they don't know or are dumb but that they have found a place where they are accepted...sure it's conditional, but it beats where they come from. I've also heard many in passing say somethings that are on this site & other sites...they just wish not to stand out & talk about it...For some there really is no where else for them to go..so they go along to get along...oh sure, there are some who really don't know or should I say pretend not to know...many not knowing things make them seem more holy to God, so they think. Most of them have isolated themselves into the org. so they only have one another...most have cut-off associating with anyone that's not a JW. I on the other hand have friends that are not JW's ...we respect one another, whether it be politics or religion. We have been friends for many many years & I have history with them. As long as they respect what I do & vise versa, it's all good. I've talked to many of the friends, because I make it a safe place for them to talk to me....I don't judge nor do I go around quoting scriptures when they are venting. So I know just by my experience, they are basically inbred.

Our zone meeting is this weekend, they may mention it or not...if they do, the org. is going to come out smelling like a rose, because they are mentioning it & to the friends, that's commendable...The friends would think if the org. had something to hide they wouldn't speak on it...Plus anything that happens to the org. is PURE PERSUCUTION...I've read several scriptures that God, will protect the innocent....but the org. is not innocent in this case...they knew of these scandals...& swept them under the rug...God does not protect liars...oh for a while, he'll let you get away with it...basically he'll let you dig yourself in so deep, then you have to face the outcome...so if the org. is praying for the Holy Spirit to help them, if the Holy Spirit is a upholder of Liars..then the org. is safe...if not..The Catholics won't be the only ones losing their congregation...

I've said this up & down this site...it's not the scandals, it's not he doctrine....the real reason many are in there...it's because ...IT'S GOD ORGANIZATION...no more no less....how many of us left a friend or love ones because we were mislead or lied to...but not so in the org...they have been mislead & lied to & most don't leave, even though the org. says they mis-understood..None of us would ever allow that if a person did that to us...

I know TTATT...I'll stay in the org...'til the Kool-aide get's real bitter...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit