Announcement that will "test your faith"

by tezrichmond 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you really want your faith tested and will not be offended to find out the whole of Christi-SCAM-ity is rubbish, you may wish to type "Christianity a lie" or "Exposing Christianity" into your search engine and follow some of the links. This is the most severe test of the whole xian faith, and might make you think if the whole LIE-ble is worth using.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The Watchtower is God's Organization after all, so they won't really consider themselves to be testing the faith of others, rather, they are presenting new and refined truth, so the individual is responsible for their tested faith, and if they can't keep up with Jehovah's chariot that can move whichever way it chooses, well, that's on the individual. Casualties are never the fault of the Organization, it is a sifting out of those who don't belong in the first place.

One paragraph from a whole issue of garbage ...

*** w87 6/15 p. 20 par. 17 Testing and Sifting in Modern Times ***
    Year after year Jehovah continues to refine and cleanse his people. Collectively, they have subjected themselves to the refining process as to their organization, activity, doctrine, and moral cleanness. But what about us individually? Through his organization Jehovah continues to dispense “solid food” for guidance that refines the heart. Our motives are tested and examined. (Hebrews 4:12; 5:14) By responding to the refining, cleansing process of the Great Refiner, we keep clean as we await “the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah.”—Malachi 4:5.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

This craziness was started by this online board and it continues on only here. The misinformation here is astounding! Reminds me of the stupidity of Fox News.

Silly.

GC

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GC: The misinformation here is astounding!

Then why are YOU here?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Then why are YOU here?

Because GC is still an active JW and staunch apologist for WT, which means he thrives on misinformation.

GC is really a man without a country. He pisses and moans about WT ad nauseum, yet is a WT apologist; he pisses and moans about JWN (despite the GB he worships ordering him not to be here), yet actively participates in the discussions here. Hypocrite.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

GC, no one here is saying they know what is being talked about...only speculating. We will have the real deal tomorrow. Until then, what's the harm in speculation? It's not like people here are running to the kh proclaiming they already know.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It’s fun to speculate…

I am starting to wonder if this announcement (if there is any) will involve implementing in the US what is being announced in the UK. Selling of Kingdom Halls. 4 congregations per Kingdom Hall. A mass reorging of congregations.

Maybe coupled with “basic” pioneering and simplified ways of counting time.

• sparky1
    sparky1

GC seems to like to 'push' his 'Prosperity doctrine' in regards to'JEHOVAH'(tm) blessing his witnesses. And as a great side benefit he can count his TIME preaching and each post is a 'return visit'. It is a win-win situation for him. He can soothe his conscience for being here and still convince himself that he has the 'TRUTH' (tm) by castigating those who accept TTATT.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@The Searcher, yes, I agree with you. Seems silly to have a major announcement at a Branch Visit (they don't call them Zone Visits anymore per a letter earlier this year.) However, until two years ago, major changes were never announced at Annual Meetings, either. But what happened in 2012? And again in 2013? So, I am not discounting the possibility.

@Bobcat, you've succinctly stated what I've been feeling for the last three days about this, but couldn't get my head around it for some reason. Thanks. We usually seem to be on the same page.

@Gustv, I agree with you... this is a rumor that I've only seen here, but then again, I don't frequent other forums all that much. This board has tons of great information and discussion. Not all of it is accurate. Much of it is rumor. Much more is fun / sarcastic speculation. A lot of it turns out to be true. Thus, without speculating myself, I take the attitude: just wait and see what happens. Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. I expect "surprises" nowadays. It's the only thing keeping JWs distracted from actually doing any real studying and research. JW TV is a prime example. JWs can sit around their TV or computer and watch hours of that without ever opening their Bibles. It takes a lot of time, patience and persistence to actually think through what is pushed in the publications as "truth" and once one sits down and does that, nothing else matters. The gimmicks, the pretentious boasting, the campaigns... they all become background noise once one does the studying and research for themselves.

• alexandre
    alexandre

i do not belive in many changes or in a change that will have a big revolution!But ONLY A LITTLE CHANGE THAT WILL REFLECT IN PREACHING OR IN THE MEETINGS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit