Announcement that will "test your faith"

by tezrichmond 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tezrichmond
    tezrichmond

I saw this exact headline on jw-archive.org and couldn't find no other info about it. Anyone know anything?

Possible hoax ha ha.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If it's in reference to the zone visit this saturday for the US, there's a thread for that already:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/287116/1/Zone-Visit-An-Announcement-That-Will-Test-Your-Faith

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Is it kool-aid time already?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If the wording of the statement is true - that it's going to test people's faith - then I'd fully expect such a revelation to be made via a letter from HQ - not at a regional Zone Visit.

We'll see.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Elders will be assigned assembly and convention parts if their weekly donations to the WT are adequate enough. Donations from elders will now be monitored via the JW.org website.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

If the wording of the statement is true - that it's going to test people's faith . . .

Indeed, if this 'faith-testing' is true and from the WT itself, it indicates a huge arrogance on their part. I did a search in the WT-Library of "stumbl*." There is a massive amount of NT counsel not to intentionally test others faith: Mt 13:41; 16:23; 17:27; 18:6, 7; Rom 14:13, 21; 16:17; 1Co 8:9, 13; 10:32; 2Co 6:3; 11:29; Php 1:10; 1J 2:10; Rev 2:14.

Bobcat

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Thanks for that bobcat. The hypocrisy just keeps on coming!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Bobcat : Thanks. I appreciate your valuable comments.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Bobcat makes a valuable point here.

How very dare the WBT$ be so arrogant and evil as to 'test your faith'?

Whatever it is it'll be to do with money bottom line.

• Splash
    Splash

Bobcat If the wording of the statement is true - that it's going to test people's faith . . .

Indeed, if this 'faith-testing' is true and from the WT itself, it indicates a huge arrogance on their part. I did a search in the WT-Library of "stumbl*." There is a massive amount of NT counsel not to intentionally test others faith: Mt 13:41; 16:23; 17:27; 18:6, 7; Rom 14:13, 21; 16:17; 1Co 8:9, 13; 10:32; 2Co 6:3; 11:29; Php 1:10; 1J 2:10; Rev 2:14.

Bobcat

Since I like Bobcat's (infrequent) comments and find them insightful, I've listed the scriptures he referenced.

(Matthew 13:41) The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness.

(Matthew 16:23) But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.

(Matthew 17:27) But that we do not cause them to stumble, go to the sea, cast a fishhook, and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth, you will find a silver coin. Take that and give it to them for me and you.”

(Matthew 18:6) But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea.

(Romans 14:13, 21) Therefore, let us not judge one another any longer but, rather, be determined not to put a stumbling block or an obstacle before a brother.
    21 It is best not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles.

(Romans 16:17) Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.

(1 Corinthians 8:9, 13) But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak.
    13 That is why if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat at all, so that I will not make my brother stumble.

(1 Corinthians 10:32) Keep from becoming causes for stumbling to Jews as well as Greeks and to the congregation of God,

(2 Corinthians 6:3) In no way are we giving any cause for stumbling, so that no fault may be found with our ministry.

(2 Corinthians 11:29) Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is stumbled, and I am not incensed?

(Philippians 1:10) . . .that you may make sure of the more important things, so that you may be flawless and not stumbling others up to the day of Christ;

(1 John 2:10) The one who loves his brother remains in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling.

(Revelation 2:14) “‘Nevertheless, I have a few things against you, that you have there those adhering to the teaching of Ba′laam, who taught Ba′lak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit sexual immorality.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit