"Confidential" JW.ORG Video Project Leaked

by Emery 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Emery
    Emery

SYNEIDOS posted some interesting information on Reddit regarding JW.ORG's latest project for the upcomming 2015 Memorial Campaign.

For next year's 2015 memorial campaign, JW.ORG is producing an invitational video featuring Jesus. The video is still being filmed at the moment and I was told it was super "confidential." My source already saw several scenes from it and said, "It looks and feels like a cinematic movie." The video starts off with Joseph and Mary in a manger and there's even a donkey in it. Then it shows a beaten Jesus walking up some steps, holding his torture stake, as people emotionally look up to him in sadness. Then there's a shot of him on the torture stake with the scripture, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me" -- Luke 22:19 or 1 Cor 11:24. Then it shows modern day kingdom halls with the JW.ORG logo plastered on them with Jehovah's Witnesses observing the memorial. Then the JW.ORG logo appears with the invitation. My source indicated that the video is being created in a way where lots of focus is placed on Jesus, with very little emphasis on Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower. He said, "You wouldn't know Jehovah's Witnesses made the video by the way it's being made."

If I hear anymore about it, I'll let you guys know.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

The only thing that kept going through my mind is the Org requiring us JWs to show this on our electronic devices to the people in our territory as we invite them to the memorial. Well, it should be interesting!

GC

• Simon
    Simon

I am picturing that Jesus-land theme park that Bill Maher went to in the Religulous documentary where Jesus was being crucified as a 747 flew overhead and the the self-righteous took photos.

I think religion is trying to copy Marvel Studios - make cartoons and live-action movies and maybe people will believe the stories are real !

Except we go to watch Iron Man to be entertained, no one really believes he's going to be our savior when Loki, erm, I mean Satan attacks.

• Simon
    Simon

"You wouldn't know Jehovah's Witnesses made the video by the way it's being made."

That could just mean "it's not a bunch of guys dressed in home-made robes standing in the middle of an english soccer field waving their arms and lip-syncing to the voice of moses with a strong US accent".

Ah, assembly dramas ... they will always be the standard for everything the WTS does.

• Emery
    Emery

Simon: I think religion is trying to copy Marvel Studios - make cartoons and live-action movies and maybe people will believe the stories are real !

They may have gotten the idea from The History Channel's 'The Bible.' I remember reading how the show pulled in higher ratings than AMC's The Walking Dead. I'm willing to bet the Watchtower took note of this.

• pixel
    pixel

Now the WT is going to say the invented movies... oh, nevermind, they saud that with the Russell Drama already.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

But, they don't really promote Jesus in their meetings. They promote the God of Abraham. So, most people are not going to buy into it.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I have no doubt it will be polished and professional looking. It will also be designed to pull at the heart strings--that seems to be the primary purpose of the WT videos of late. While there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, it is ironic that I used to believe that the "truth" wasn't reliant upon emotional sway like the charismatic preachers of Christendom, but on "real" evidence from the Bible. Now, more and more, the organization is emphasizing strong emotional persuasion (manipulation, really) to the exclusion of any meaningful doctrinal or evidentiary-based discourse, hand in hand with the descent to grade-school level writing in the Awake and WT

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Get your iPad ready for Memorial witnessing!

• Island Man
    Island Man

Maybe the use of this very Jesus-focused video in the ministry to invite persons to the memorial, is the faith testing announcement to come at the zone visit? It would test the faith of many JWs since they have been trained to be uncomfortable focusing too much on Jesus. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit