JW making music videos now?

by adjusted knowledge 26 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I'm not sure if this is new since it is hard to keep up with the ever changing JW. It is morphing so much. I went to jw.org tv video for November and around 53 or 54 minutes into the broadcast the GB guy introduce a music video called "We won't forget you". I'm not a music buff but it kinda of sounds like the style of Josh Groban.

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODMonthlyProgramming/pub-jwb_E_201411_1_VIDEO

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Next they'll be twirking in tight trousers to Prince.

How happifying.

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

Found this on the JWtalk website, some witnesses tried to write out the lyrics. I haven't listened to it and don't intend to, so if my comments are misguided, please forgive.

We won't forget you!

When the wind blows

When the rain comes

When the ground beneath you starts to slip away

God is always near

And he cares for you

You're not alone

Your friends are here

We'll help you find your way

We won't forget you

We are your family

We won't ignore you

We will not fail to see

We'll take your hand,

We'll help you stand

We'll help you carry on

We won't forget you

We are your family

When the storm's gone

When the day breaks

With our thoughts around you like a warm embrace

Then you come to know

That it's really so

Love is a bond

A perfect bond that time will not erase

We won't forget you

We are your family

We won't ignore you

We will not fail to see

We'll take your hand

We'll help you stand

We'll help you carry on

We wont forget you

We are a worldwide family

We wont forget you

We are your family

Starts off like a nursery rhyme and then starts lying. "We won't ignore you." Yeah, right. DF policy anyone? "We won't forget you." Mhmm, more like "you will become invisible if you stop going to meetings."

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

punkofnice: or maybe "I Like Book Bags" to the tune of Sir Mix-a-Lot's smash hit "I Like Big Butts"

• pixel
    pixel

"We wont forget you" Sure! Just drift away and start missing meetings...they WILL miss you by the third one.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is SO vomit inducing.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

I saw an other one, have forgotten its name. But they sang something about "this is the best life". I was really surprised, kind of a pop song. Isnt that what a lots of other religions and cults are doing? One more evidence for me that it is a cult.

• steve2
    steve2

I must confess I find almost any lyrics by Christian musicians denominationally-bland and speedily vomit-inducing. The JWs have joined the great big collective chorus of lyrically challenged wannabes to become yet another singing cliche for Christ and his Daddy.

Please, please, please bring back Rutherford with his invigoratingly corrective spite and venom to give these irksome cherubs a kick up their sorry arses. If this is the way you announce the end of the world, I'd say it's like a few hundred years away. Altogether now:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Notice how the WTS exploits people who have cancer or who have loved ones that have Cancer to show how devoted they are to serve the Watchtower

Corporation's publishing agenda. ...sick bastards

Aww..... the old trick of exploiting human emotions.

Look even people with Cancer are doing what they can for the Watchtower Corporation, what are you doing yourself ?

Guilt guilt guilt ..... Shame shame shame

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit