New JW assembly/meeting that has prerecorded message? Lasts half a day

by HillCountry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• HillCountry
    HillCountry

Thanks to all of y'all for the information. I guess it's the Zone visit. Honestly, I've never been to one. With all of the changes, it's hard to keep up with the terminology. I also can't help but chuckle every time I see the ATM machines for donations at the assemblies; it's funny how I clearly remember them bashing churches for doing that just a few years prior LOL.

That said, my mom was told by an aunt, who is still very much in THE TRUTH, that they said that there are still many more changes to come. I wonder if it's basically a big organization shuffle?

I guess I have to thank my family for being lukewarm in THE TRUTH. My mom says she only goes for Jehovah God and not the brothers. My dad was born-in and baptized but doesn't go to the meetings or field service. He even had a birth day last week and they gave him cake at work and he brought it home and we all ate it. I think that's a no-no for Witnesses .

• undercover
    undercover

About every meeting I ever attended at the KH, or assembly/convention was a 'zone' meeting. As soon as it started, I zoned right out, and came to during the closing song/prayer...

• sir82
    sir82

The branch visit will be shown in most US Kingdom Halls 3 times this weekend. Once "live" at 3 PM EST on Saturday, then 2 rebroadcasts on Sunday.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

If it spoke of actual assemblies, our assemblies were recorded and the highlights were played at the hall after all the assemblies were done. See, the slave seems to have concluded to be a discrete thing to, rather than having an assembly on our shiny new assembly hall, have everyone go to Houston. Everyone except for those pesky undocumented brothers who can not cross the inmigration checkpoints nort of the border becase they don't have documents to live and work in the US. They had to stay home and spirirtually starve. Then the slave saw some food was left over and decided to gather the "puppies" in the KH and show them how much the other domectics ate while they starved at home. I am sure they were reminded of the pledge they made to help pay for the local assembly hall that remained empty all summer long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit