New JW assembly/meeting that has prerecorded message? Lasts half a day

by HillCountry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• HillCountry
    HillCountry

Sorry about the confused nature of the topic but my mom (who still goes to the KH meetings) said that there will be an "assembly" on Sunday where there will be a prerecorded message or talk of some sort and that it will only be half a day and won't need to bring lunch. Anyone else have heard of these or gone to one?

I know they are changing a lot of things. They no longer have the 3-2-1 conventions (i.e. District, Circuit, SAD), but now have the regional? and two circuit ones, I think. Not too sure. We just had one of the circuit ones a couple of weeks ago. I still go to the assemblies just to go with my younger sister so she's not alone and "bored" (we have fun LOL) and keep tabs on the what's new (I was never baptized even though I was born-in; being gay kinda made you never want to take the dunk LOL)

Anyway, hope someone can help tell me about this new "assembly."

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Interesting... We've just had our one day circuit assembly but I've not heard anything about this. Unless she means the pioneer meeting?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just the zone visit which is piped to all congregations having the equipment. Nothing sensational or new.

• HillCountry
    HillCountry

"Just the zone visit which is piped to all congregations having the equipment. Nothing sensational or new."

Interesting, because I had never heard of them before today. Truth be told, last year we were caring for our ill grandmother and my mom didn't go to the meetings regularly, so we may have missed it.

• oneyeopen
    oneyeopen

Hey Guys, I don't know how to start a new thread but wanted to share this info that I've just stumbled upon, ..to anyone that may be interested.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/idaho-citys-ordinance-tells-pastors-to-marry-gays-/

Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that if they refuse to marry homosexuals, they will face jail time and fines.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/idaho-citys-ordinance-tells-pastors-to-marry-gays-/#ixzz3IBE4kyvq Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• Splash
    Splash

Or is it the Annual Meeting that was recorded and uploaded to jw tv?

That meeting is a full 4 hours long, complete with a slot asking for more money of course.
    At 2:40 Mark Sanderson reads a letter to those attending (and for those watching later):

"Well now here's one announcement we'd like to make.
    Each of us has an opportunity to share in the joy of making voluntary offerings.
    Contribution boxes are located throughout the facilty for those who would like to give financial support to the worldwide work.
    In addition, donations can be made by debit or credit card.
    Please note that all contributions to the worldwide work of Jehovah's Wittnesses are cared for by the local branch office.
    Therefore, it would be appreciated if those who contribute by cheque would simply make their cheques payable to 'Jehovah's Witnesses'.
    You may be seated"

Splash

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

The zone /branch meetings first showing is on Saturday at 3. I haven't heard any info about what is going to be on the program. It is 3 hours long. I am not expecting much.

• stillin
    stillin

I will be dragged, kicking and screaming, to a neighboring KH this coming Sunday for a three hour video event. I think it's a zone thing.

wish I had some balls. There, now you don't have to say it.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

HC,

Oh the confused elderly... This is the 3-hr Zone Visit meeting. She has attention issues; well, to her credit, so do the elderly in my huge extended family.

Don't worry, this board will keep you informed on what happened come Saturday night.

GC

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yep, its the Zone visit for the US English....or is it the Regional visit? Anyway, live action on Saturday November 8 at 3:00pm eastern...Recorded and edited version on Sunday November 9 and because it is a recording, apparently depends on preference of elders as to the time....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit