Christmas lights

by Gorbatchov 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This night I installed Christmas lights in the trees in the front garden of our house.

We all like it, the children like it, so this is the first year we have this lightning.

Hope the elders will like it too ;-)

G.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That is great and I'm sure it looks nice. Nothing at all wrong with it. Part of breaking away from the JW cult and enjoying life. Have a good time leading up to Christmas.

• Raton
    Raton

Very nice! To help my kids like the holidays, I may have them help me hang some lights and things too. Hopefully the wife doesn't get to mad.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Raton......start out will some nice small white lights on the handrail or on some house plants, and some white candles around. It will look nice, and she may slowly get use to adding additional red & green decorations around the house.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Pictures ... or it didn't happen.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I bought lights for the 2 bushes that frame the entrance of my house, a 30" lighted wreath for the door and tons of lighted garland for my staircase, foyer overlook and mantle as well as a few miniature lighted trees for accent. I won't put them up yet but I am excited!!! I learned after moving in that I have the self proclaimed Griswolds across the street. Can't wait!!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

The first year we celebrated Christmas (1988) I put up a few lights. We only made the decision to celebrate about a week after Thanksgiving, so we didn't have a lot of prep time. The second year I had something like 2500 lights on the house.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I LOVE Christmas lights but I'm waiting until after November 11 to put them up and enjoy them.

I remember the sacrifice made by many in the commitment to serve their fellow man.(whether a person agrees with it or not, people sacrificed on our behalf)

love michelle

if anyone is interested in going way over board into crazy land about Christmas lights talk to WTWizard...love you D. :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you Gorby

How old are your children if I may ask ? How long were they deprived of xmas celebrations ? We have celebrated xmas these past 7 years with my family and i`m 75 years of age and a devout atheist now , so go figure , 33 years in the Borg does play havoc with your brain .LOL

And dont give a stuff what the elders think , you have DF`d them . Their not worthy of you or your family.

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven

Come on... I'm a visual person here. Can you post some pic's? Please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit