This should be an interesting book to read

by Doug Mason 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOTR, I cannot agree with this author's conclusion.

It appears from your post that you don't know what his conclusions are!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

It just went on my "Priority. must read" list.

Thamks.

• prologos
    prologos

It is. One of his premises is, that violence happened at a personal, family, tribal level, and with the rise of larger and bigger government, that took a monopoly on vengence, justice, that small scale violence abated. fine.

Now we have these factions often in 4 way fights, as now in the Middle East, the failed African states with their internal conflicts. Many small simultaneous civil wars.

Billions of humans are fine , but back to the future ? fraying at the fringes?

Some of the Middle-Ages violence depicted in the wood-cuts is straight out of the Isis propaganda videos, minus the ak assault rifles.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well worth your time! Pinker lays out fact after fact in a way that hardly gets boring or too repetitive.

I really opened my eyes, having been brought up a JW. Every ex-Jw should give it a look, or at very least watch the video.

• Perry
    Perry

I sure am about the lack of concern for global warming , all i can think of is that in 15 years when my grandchild is going to be a mom, and my son has kids, the world will be a disaster environmentally

sowhatnow,

I think your grandchildren will be OK as far as the weather is concerned. The earth has been cooling for 17 years now and the trend is expected to continue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit