Today's watchtower. Why no emphasis on doctrine?

by kneehighmiah 24 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

millie2010 - All the credit and praise being directed at headquarters not the Bible.

Now that is very telling.Interesting how they are focusing on the cult leaders now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We, the members of the Governing Body, Jehovah's appointed channel of communication take this opportunity to write you at this wonderful time in theocratic history!

As was highlighted in last weeks Watchtower study, we are happyfied and rejoiceful to bask in the knowledge that we alone have "the truth". As we know, truth is sadly lacking in this world, so we find it uplifting to reinforce to all you dear loved ones that indeed Jehovah has bestowed apon us, his faithful, the knowledge of "times and seasons" (daniel 2:21) and all doctrinal truths.

May such assurance motivate you all in the urgent work of preaching during these final days of the wicked world!

Please be assured of our warmest love and greetings,

Your brothers,

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I only know my own experience. When I attend mainstream churches, even Roman Catholic ones, the Bible is studied from the Bible itself. This is different from studying the WT. Also, in these church Bible studies, scripture is read in consecutive verses. The Witnesses jump all over the place. There is no place for reform in JW culture. The Mormon church has crazier ideas but its culture has apologized for excluding black people. Roman Catholics upset about the glut of pedophiles in the clergy can seek redress from the Vatican and even file suit against the church. A narrow, limited culture hems the Witnesses to Franz' doctrines.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

They're working on their last and final revision to the "Revelation" book to be released after the 2014 mass exodus... So they're basically saving their new BS until most of the "thinking dubs" have made their exit and the remaining dubs start asking questions... Lather, rinse, repeat.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What will it be called Caleb?

"revelation, a grand climax in our hands!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit