I'm done hiding who I am with my family

by cognac 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I'm pissed that I got scared the other day and didn't just tell my mom I was celebrating Halloween. I was caught off-guard when she asked what I was doing and felt that fear they instill in you. Hate that I still feel that way when I shouldn't. If she doesn't like it that's her problem.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Cognac, don't be mad at yourself, just congratulate yourself that you want to move forward!

We've all been-there-done-that over different topics at various times during our fading, it's just part of the process. But good for you for wanting to move on!

• cognac
    cognac

Thank you CultBgone. Being ready to move on has lifted a huge weight off.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It is great to have that weight fall off!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I admire your courage. Just be careful with it, since your hubby and family are still true believers.

• cognac
    cognac

@Balaam- it is!

@AlphaMan- I can't control their reactions to me living a normal life. It's there problem, not mine.

• cognac
    cognac

@Balaam- it is!

@AlphaMan- I can't control their reactions to me living a normal life. It's there problem, not mine.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Don't look at it as fearful, look at it as strategic.

If she could make serious waves for you and your family

you may be better off keeping your cards close to your chest.

Be strong, you don't have to tell anybody what you are doing

if doing so will harm you or your family.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

cognac ...

I admire your courage also.

When you are an LGBT it truly must take a weight off to open up and explain who you truly are.

Although it likely is very difficult for your family to understand, your sexual orientation is your business and noone elses.

Do not let anyone, including your family, bully you into being someone you are not.

Rub a Dub

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I did the same thing! My brother asked where I was going and I lied. I wish I could just be completely open. One day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit