been fading for 2 years NOW I CAN LEAVE!

by nowwhat? 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

the sexual abuse coverups are now getting traction. i can leave now without retribution from friends and family. i can simply say i will no longer represent an organization that protects pedaphiles as rampant as the catholic church! my wife is on board too. i'll prbabably go to the special meeting next week but that's it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Good luck with that. They think it's all apostate lies.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am glad to hear your wife is on board. That's good news, congratulations on leaving. Kate xx

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

i can leave now without retribution from friends and family

Not really. Cults do not recognize any reason for leaving. You may be able to keep contact with some family, borg friends will not stay remain friendly if you stop all participation in cult activities.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most people leave the WTS/JWS for its pretentious lying and corruption as I did.

Another one of the lies that WTS presents is that their organization is different and distinct out of the religions of Christendom.

God's chosen organization of spiritual cleanness and purity.

If the WTS heads are smart (GB) they would make it mandatory for any situations of pedophilia be brought forward to the local legal authorities and quit

trying to hide this problem in the effort to protect the organization's public image, within and outside of itself.

Thats what the Catholics had done for so many years and look at where that got them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

my wife is on board too.

I want to say congratulations and please do leave and go enjoy your life.

But don't be surprised if you lose a bunch of friends. The ones you lose, you will be okay with, and move on to make better ones.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well if you wife is on board then don't wait and don't go to any more meetings, one talk could drag her back in...

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, you and your wife can just stop going out d2d and to meetings; I would not discuss the reasons with family and friends no matter how close you think they are. Rebuild your life using the time you are gaining to good benefit. We have been out 12 years now only "inactive" but shunned by some (even when my husband was still an elder) and greeted kindly by others. Being a fader in my view is a temporary thing meant to give people time to adjust financially, emotionally, and find new friends and "family" when the inevitable happens. People may retain a tenuous relationship with family when they stop going to meetings, but it definitely cools and less time is spent together. They don't want to be infected or seen as flawed as the inactive family.

Blondie

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Congratulations! But to echo others, it is probably not a good idea if you intend to make an announcement. Just stop , and you can give explanations if someone asks.

And please consider what Crazyguy said. Don't go to ANY meetings. You never know what might trigger her cult mindset right now.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Why go to a "special meeting" ?

Just don't go anymore. Rent a movie. Take a trip. Go out for dinner. Go shopping. Pour a tall drink.

Enjoy the rest of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit