Honduras bus crash leaves 14 dead and 55 injured - JW

by TheTruthBR 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
  • Incognito
    Incognito

A large school bus capacity is only about 48 persons. Although I expect safety laws in Canada are stricter than in Honduras, seat belts are still not manditory on school buses here.

Although the number of people onboard should not have contributed to the crash, an overloaded bus places more people at risk of injury in the event of an incident.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Tragic loss of life.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Typically, the Society only reports this kind of news when disaster befalls JW's who STAYED HOME from an assembly or meeting, making it seem as though they'd have been spared had they attended like they were supposed to. They'll just chalk this accident up to "time and unforseen occurances" .

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sad news - no one deserves to die in such circumstances whether their bus is on the way to an assembly or a soccer match, what difference does it make why they were on the bus?

Simon, on one level you are right, it doesn't make any difference. And when the WTBS starts printing stories about how a bunch of faithful Witnesses made it to a soccer match safely, it won't.

It is a tragedy. It would be interesting to know how qualified the bus driver was.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Watchtower-Free, Thank you for your post. Common sense would tell us that dead is dead no matter what the reason for the bus trip. However, in the interest of helping mentally "in" JWs , the point needs to be made that Watchtpwer's claim that the preaching work is guided by angles is FALSE! Too many Dubs believe they are under some kind of umbrella/protection when engaging in "Theotracic" activities.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Pete Z, you are right that this tragedy will never make the yearbook. If the bus was headed for an amusement park and they had missed the Sun meeting, the CO's would have a field day using the tragedy to further their agenda. I know first hand. My son died in an accident that happened during meeting time on Sun. The whole circuit buzzed that had he attended the meeting he would still be alive.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Nice to see the support they are getting from rescue workers, hospital staff and even the president, despite the labels the Watchtower places upon these wordly people. I can imagine the team of elders from the hospital liaison committee swarming around the injured and dying ensuring they are not administered blood.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm deeply sorry for these folks, they could be my mom and dad. I've been on some of those roads in Central America, and they are not safe; the drivers are nuts and there are almost no guardrails and safeguards. It isn't a time to point out the failures of the WT Society, (there are plenty of other times to do that).

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Why shouldn't the accident be posted on jw.org or in a magazine? The car crash in Spain was, g96 8/22 "Overcoming Tragedy in Jehovah’s Strength
    "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit