Just got back from trick or treating with the kids...

by cognac 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Husband is completely, beside himself LIVID. He's going to the elders on me. I've havent been to a meeting in over a year. Not sure if they can or will do anything.

How is everyone here doing?

• blondie
    blondie

We have no kids but handed out candy to 100 kids from our neighborhood. Hubby won 1st prize for his costume at work.

You can be df'd for celebrating Halloween, a pagan holiday. I've seen it done. but who gives a damn, eh?

Hope everyone had a good time and ration out the candy....

I do wish I was young enough to go.

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Blondie. I thought they left faders alone?

I hate the idea of my marriage breaking up and losing my parents, brothers and sisters. It breaks my heart. But, I don't want my kids missing out on these types of things and they come first.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Do you think it's a good idea to allow your children to eat candy given to them by complete strangers?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Good for you!!! LOL! And I'm sorry, you are going to be DF'd most likely. Can't see a scenario where you get left alone. But High five for living your life!!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Pictures or it didn't happen. Two witness rule! Buahahahahah

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

totally agree with the girl next door as far as defense.. if you feel the need to defend yourself, that is.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Halloween is such fun. It is only just taking off in Australia. The street next to ours gets very involved with every house being decorated and Zac had one of the best days of his life.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I'm having such fun giving out candy to all the little Hallo Weiners! LOL I only wish I hadn't cheated my own children out of that part of their childhood.Please let us know if you have any fallout ok?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Just got back ourselves. Wife and I faded, so far unscathed. This is the second year we decorated for Halloween and this Christmas will be the second time decorating. Last Christmas 2 elders came to our door while the decorations were up. We haven’t heard a thing about it from them since. With your husband forcing their hand, there may be no way to escape their pursuit. As already mentioned… 2 witnesses or it didn’t happen…if your lucky.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

I now realize how much I missed out on as a little one. My kids had SO much fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit