How good a boxer was Muhammad Ali?

by LoveUniHateExams 32 Replies latest social physical

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good point, Terry, I've seen Ali/Shavers a couple of times. I scored it 8 rounds for Shavers, 6 for Ali and 1 even.

This was another fight where Ali was p1$$ing blood afterwards. I read that after this fight, Ali's doctor, Ferdie Pacheco, sent copies of tests showing that Ali's kidneys were nearly falling apart to Herbert Muhammad, Angelo Dundee and Ali himself. None replied, so he quit Ali's corner.

'look back on Ali's career and look at how many fights were stopped by the referee' - yes, the Ron Lyle fight springs to mind.

• Terry
    Terry

If you love Ali, as I have, and you watch Holmes vs. Ali, your heart will break.

Karma is a bitch.

This is a snippet, but it's aboout all an Ali fan can endure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojBJ9pfFwXs

If you look at Ali's movements BEFORE the fight, to my eyes, it appears he is already suffering either brain damage

or early onset of Parkinsons.

Why anybody who cared for this man allowed such a fight is beyond me.

If any fighter on the planet knew every/any weakness of M.A. it was his old sparring partner, Larry Holmes.

In this fight, Holmes is the avenging angel of death come to snatch the soul of his opponent straight to hell.

Freddy Pacheco: "All the parties invovled in this fight should have been arrested; it was an abomination."

In effect, Ali sold his sold to the Devil for an offer of EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBhmBjycrE

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Ali v Holmes fight was obscene. Holmes was a superb technician who would've been an absolute nightmare for even a heathy, young Ali.

Either Dundee or the ref, Richard Green, should have stopped the fight much earlier. By the first couple of rounds, it was clear that Ali didn't belong in the same ring as Holmes that night. I also feel sorry for Holmes - he didn't want to beat the sh1t out of his mentor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit