Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

by Gnostic Bishop 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

I had books from E. Pagels and enjoyed them tremendously. I read also early Christain Magic and it was interesting book on mixed superstitions, curses, hexes, and mixed beliefs of early Christianity, Judaism, and Hellenistic culture.

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

jgnat

From a superficial view, it seems like a religion second only to Gnostic Christianity. Just kidding.

Strange that women in other churches have not pushed their misogynist husbands to change sects more.

I guess they like their mothers and female children to be second class citizens.

Regards

DL

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

James Brown

You will have some strange reading. We conconccted a complicated myth.

Regards

DL

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

kaik

I try to keep away from the myths with too much woo these days.

There is more interestings to think about.

Regards

DL

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Yes, Gnostism has provided me with many faith based answers that the evil sacrificial Abrahamic god worshipping cults cannot provide. I love Elaine Pagels work. The gnositc books are truly facinating.

Shana

• Viviane
    Viviane

Why is gnostic Christianity any less silly than regular Christianity?

• Shanagirl
  • Viviane
    Viviane

After reading that link, it's exactly as silly as every other version of Christianity.

• Shanagirl
  • garyneal
    garyneal

I considered it but my skepticism would not permit me to accept another belief system without thoroughly investigating its claims. I can appreciate the experiences of Christianity and have for years took myself to possibly being a closet gnostic but I had a hard time finding a single set of beliefs that define them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit