Was It Designed? Rabies Purposeful Mode of Transmission.

by Island Man 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man

WAS IT DESIGNED?

Rabies virus in salivary gland

Rabies' Purposeful Mode of Transmission

RABIES is caused by a number of lyssaviruses that attack the cells of the nervous system disrupting their normal function. Symptoms include painful spasms in the muscles of the throat and larynx of patients, accompanied by a strong aversion to drinking liquids - hydrophobia. Rabies has one of the highest fatality rates of any infectious disease, killing virtually every victim that becomes symptomatic within 2 to 10 days of first symptoms. What is the secret behind this efficient killer?

Consider: A person is typically infected with the virus after a bite from an infected animal. The virus first starts to replicate in muscle cells close to the wound, remaining virtually invisible to the victim's immune system. From there it spreads to the peripheral nerves and on to the central nervous system. The high fatality rate is due to the virus essentially outpacing the immune response since its spreads is mostly unnoticed by the immune system. In the final stages, the virus sets the stage for its spread to another victim by entering the patient's salivary glands resulting in production of large amounts of highly infectious saliva. How does this saliva get to the next victim?

The virus disrupts the functioning of the central nervous system resulting in delirium and aggressive - even violent - behavior. As a result, there is an increased risk that the patient - especially when it's an animal - will bite his next victim, thus injecting him with infectious saliva. But there's more. Because the illness causes the patient to have a fear of swallowing liquids, large amounts of saliva accumulate and foam out of the mouth ensuring that there is always a ready supply of infectious saliva on hand to infect the next victim. So the virus ingeniously hijacks the patient's nervous system and salivary glands, using them to increase its own chances of spreading to another victim.

What do you think? Did Rabies' purposeful mode of transmission come about by evolution? Or was it designed [by a loving God]?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Nicely put!

Can you do an article about that wasp that burrows into its host for the next issue please?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Jesus on an off day? yahwehs lab experiements? Satans little helpers? None of the above?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Any kind of life form even a virus strives to survive anyway possible. That is evolution. Earth had 3 extinction events that killed 90% of life but life still survived...I dont think we are Jehovahs chess game its evolution.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent article, Island Man.

I have two suggestions for future articles:

1. the canine teeth of Smilodon

2. snake venom.

Take your pick ...

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

How would a witness explain a lion's teeth? Considering biology teaches that pointy teeth are for meat and virtually useless on grass, if a lion was made to eat grass surely it would have flat teeth like a cow. So why now does it have pointy teeth for eating meat? How did it get them without evolving?

I used to ask these questions as a child but never got a reply

• Island Man
    Island Man

I'm glad you guys liked it - even though the formatting didn't come out exactly as I coded it in html.

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

Ok,I'm gonna take a stab at it. But I know I will be bombarded by ridicule. However, this is how I reason regarding rabies,lion teeth or any other violent means in the animal kingdom. BTW this is assumptions from a believer in a creator.

Animals may have all started out as vegitarians,not having the apendages that they have regarding killing and slicing flesh. But because of the fall of man ,sin (meaning to miss, as in missing the target of God's perfection) came upon man and God's blessing on earth and all in it was removed. God had designed living things to adapt,or evolve to survive it's environment. Therfore since the earths environment became dangerous and violent,living creatures changed;or evolved to survive (micro evolution).

Thus,even though these creatures were not created violent and savage,their genes were influenced by the cursed environment they now found themselves in and evolved certain defense mechanisms,ie; lions teeth, flesh burrowing wasps etc...

• cofty
    cofty

Chris Tann - Can I assume from your ideas above that you changed your mind about reading Jerry Coyne's excellent book?

If you had read it you would know 20 different reasons why your suggestions are impossible.

Let's take one example.

Every possible part of a tiger contributes to it's ability to catch and kill other living things.

Eyesight; camouflage, teeth, jaws, digestive system, claws, fast-twitch muscle fibres, skeleton, brain, hormones, nose, olfactory system, heart and lungs etc etc.

Each of these features evolved together over millions of years. It did not evolve from a hippy tiger. We know exactly what the ancestor of the big cats looked like and how many millions of years ago it lived.

How many more examples of predatory birds, fish, insects, mammals, reptiles and amphibians would you like to discuss? How about viruses, parasites and bacteria?

Please read Coyne's book.

I know I will be bombarded by ridicule.

Actually it wasn't ridiculed was it? It was countered by facts and evidence. That's the difference between faith and science.

• Simon
    Simon

Thus,even though these creatures were not created violent and savage,their genes were influenced by the cursed environment they now found themselves in and evolved certain defense mechanisms,ie; lions teeth, flesh burrowing wasps etc...

Can I add some mild redicule? You talk about the created creatures evolving ... do you even know what you believe or are you just hedging your bets?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit