I've been stumbled.

by silent 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

"Stumbled" is indeed the wrong word. You have awakened. Congratulations. Like most here, you can now move forward with your life. The GB makes the scribes & pharisees look like choir boys. I had 50 yrs. in but I can't waste precious time crying over spilled milk. My motto; Live Well....Enjoy Life!!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Everyone wants to escape death by being "the generation" so they keep shooting themselves in the foot...over and over again.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is no stumbling block for the righteous!! Have you stopped praying, attending meetings, participating in field service and wholesome Christian association??

DD

• DJS
    DJS

Sooner or later, how or why you stumbled is irrelevant. From Batman Begins: Alfred Pennyworth: Took quite a fall, didn't we, Master Bruce?

Thomas Wayne: And why do we fall, Bruce? . . . . . . .So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Marinating in being stumbled is victim speak. There is a time for feeling like a victim and licking one's wounds. The shorter that period the better off you will be. Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. Start all over again. Look in the mirror - take ownership of your part and tell yourself "Never Again."

Then set a course for the stars. Engage, Number One.

• silent
    silent

Thanks for your comments everyone. It's amazing how many different views you can have over such a simple statement such as, "I've been stumbled." Isn't it amazing that if you, personally, stumble someone then woe is you! What a horrible mistake you've made, etc., but let WBTS do something that stumbles people (like date setting) and it's all justified as the light getting brighter aka nu-light and those who may have been stumbled are to blame.

It never ceases to amazing how they have the attitude that they can do no wrong and they never ever apologize to the rank and file for their errors. It's always under the guise of nu-light or justified that they understood it that way at the time. If they can use those rationalizations, then the rank and file can too. How long do you think the statement, "I received a blood transfusion because I understand Acts 15:28,29 differently now then I did back then." would fly? It was personal new light that was handed down to you as an answer to a prayer.

• millie210
    millie210

Since the ultimate answer to who stumbled you is going to be:

NO ONE

It is better for you if you just laugh, shake your head and move on.

That answer above? "No One"?

Is not really true by the way...

You were stumbled by a group who accept ZERO responsibility for anything negative.

But it is neither here nor there because their lack of responsibility (already bad) is getting worse!!

Lots of shell games now...moving around elders, hiding documents, putting hapless Circuit Overseers between themselves and their victims etc.

That is your validation that they were/are in the wrong.

So accept that gracefully (knowing you deserve more but it wont be coming) and go enjoy your life.

The good thing is you are now innoculated against stupid groups.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"If they have stumbled me, then who is reponsible for that?"

JW answer: You yourself, for you are weak enough to be stumbled

Yep, there was an entire WT article on that a couple years ago. WT 03/15/2013 Page 4, Par. 5 , 6

The "mill stone" comment that Jesus made, only applies to someone who stumbles a "little one" -- new one. Any righteous man who stumbles pulls himself back up. You are obviously(TM) not a righteous man.

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If they have stumbled me, then who is responsible for that?

They are of course, you've immersed yourself into their sins and the unrighteousness of others.

Part of creating a clear conscious is standing away for the sins of others, even recognized religious teachers .

I personally saw the indulgent corruption of the WTS. way back in 1980 in spite of the fact of being born into this faith from birth.

Many individuals are starting to accept the fact that the WTS. has been teaching unscriptural teachings for a very long time now

which was inherently connected to its literature proliferation as a religious publishing house.

• Gregor
    Gregor

To say that someone has been 'stumbled' is a classic JW tactic that puts the blame on the one 'stumbled'.

"Brother Jones was stumbled because on of the elders diddled his son/daughter."

or in my case, Brother Gregor was stumbled because Brother Annointed Super Elder's baptized 21 yr old nephew tried to have sex with his 12 yr old daughter...(because not only was it concealed by him but Brother Gregor was the bad guy because he took it to the police instead of keeping it in the org.)

• flipper
    flipper

SILENT- Good points you make. So if you see injustices on the part of the WT Society and that they are purposely deceiving you and others with their faulty policies and teachings that are lies- it falls to you to use this information to separate yourself from an organization that's hell bent on it's own interests and not yours. You have to take responsibility to do the right thing in getting away from these kind of people who make excuses for their wrong course of conduct. Then - I guarantee you'll be happier. Try it I think You'll like it. We will be here as a support for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit