Social media strategy to expose JW molestation issues

by JimmyPage 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

There are a lot of JWs who will never hear about the molestation issues the WT has because all their friends on social media are fellow cult members.

What I'm going to attempt is to create a profile for an alter ego. It will have a profile pic and banner that says "jw.org" or some other pro-jw nonsense.

Then I will attempt to befriend a JW. When one bites and accepts me the others will fall like dominoes and also accept my friendship.

At first I will post pro-JW things that will get me "likes", subscribers, and promotions in their news feed.

Then I will lower the boom by posting the recent news video from the Texas molestation story. I will compound it by adding links to legitimate, respected news site stories about Candace Conti and several other recent lawsuits. The mounting evidence exposing them will be undeniable.

None of it will be linked back to my true identity, thus avoiding the potential breaking up of my family due to DF'ing.

If you want to do the same it's up to you.

I know there will be naysayers here who will crap on my ideas as usual but I really think this could wake some JWs up.

• Simon
    Simon

I doub't it will work as you imagine - as soon as you mention something that flags you as not supporting the WTS 110% you will be rejected. They do it to family members who try and tell them the truth remember?

But good luck - maybe it will jog a few people to start thinking and looking into things more or remind them when they hear another snippet of news. It's impossible to "unhear" things.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I no longer bother with FB otherwise I'd give it a look.

Softly softly catchee monkey. You catch wasps with honey not vinegar........and other such cliches.

Let us know how it goes Jimmy cuz we got a Whole lotta love.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I bet when Simon turned "apostate" he never thought this board would have so many members. But I'm glad he has given us this forum. My point is that you'll never know the impact unless you try. Too many ideas here get shot at with negativity before they're even given a real chance.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If it's to work, you'll have to be somewhat subtle. I'd say posting one article (like a link to fox news where they talk about the texas 6) accompanied by something like "I don't understand how something like this could happen." If you just post up a dozen links on every court case out there, alarm bells will go off. If they think they're helping a fellow JW deal with something, they're more likely to be strung along a little longer. Asking questions (or implied questions in the case I gave) is the best way of getting someone to think. Just asserting that something is true can easily be resisted (unless it comes from god the governing body) but if you ask a question and you get it to where they actually want to help you find the answer, they'll devote some mental resource to it and a seed might be planted.

• Simon
    Simon

My point is that you'll never know the impact unless you try. Too many ideas here get shot at with negativity before they're even given a real chance.

Yeah, I realized I was probably doing that as soon as I posted - I apologise.

Ultimately, different approaches are going to work for different people so we can't say one thing will or won't work - they all will and won't work, just with different people.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Do it JP. It works.

Wheels

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You should do it, also the questions on yahoo seems to help and I will come accross posts on other sites that I will comment on. The more information thats on the internet the harder it will be for them to avoid. Case in point Google just about anything bible related and this website pops up with threads about the subject.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Update: I have made many international JW friends under my fake profile. I have a few friends who are local to me, they have been harder to come by. But once the ball starts rolling, it gets easier. The hardest part is my nauseating news feed LOL. These people are insanely brainwashed. Biding my time for now, looking forward to dropping the bomb...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Jimmy...Great idea!!!!!. Use the "friend Finder" look for "Jehovah's" Witnesses. Post news stories but say "Look what those nasty apostates are saying- I don't believe it do you? don't forget to "Friend" all the local news people. Twitter works great as well.

Also act like a stupid JW and post PRO JW beliefs that are INSANE. Quote old WTBTS stuff that is WAY out there. lol Go on Gay, Lesbian, and news paper stories and tell everyone God is going to strike them dead, and they need to stop eating spicy foods and wearing tight clothes. Womens rights sites, tell them they need to stop dressing so sexy. Islamic sites- tell them tehy will DIE at Armagedon. Have some fun. (Open your new gmail & FB accounts from a remote ISP.)

Like Simon said- "You can't unring a bell"- Some things just continue to crawl around in peoples heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit