new assembly experience... what do you reckon to this one?

by purrpurr 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Unbelievable!

I don't really know what else to say.

The Society really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I love the comedians on this site , LOL

smiddy

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

crazy enough it could happen, but i vote for outright lie.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The last regular meeting i attended the CO rambled on about a 13 year old girl whose parents and village were opposed to her studying with the JW's. He enthusiastically described in detail how her family and neighbors took turns torturing her. At first I squirmed in my seat, then I started to cry, after I could stand no more I stood up in the middle of his sentence, noisily grabbed my belongings and walked out the door. A couple of brothers saw me crying but didn't ask why so I hissed, "I don't find child abuse encouraging!" I have not set foot in a KH since and never will. What kind of sicko wants to hear these stories???? (true or not)

• bigmac
    bigmac

so he resurrected me inside the bum of an elephant.

hey---that could become the apostate password referred to in another thread

come on Outlaw---do us a cartoon.

• dozy
    dozy

There are so many spurious experiences doing the rounds of JWism. Some might have some semblance of truth in them - many are just urban legends. Some are lifted word for word from experiences of other Christian religions.

About 10 years ago , the following experience was very popular - it was always related by someone who had heard it from a friend who had heard it at an assembly. I have no idea at all if it is true or not. The location for the alleged experience was usually London , but sometimes was placed in the USA or random countries worldwide. One of our rather dumber elders incorporated it in a few of his public talks as well - for all I know he is still relating it far & wide in our circuit.

" A sister had a study with a former prostitute who had moved to her town from the city and was progressing well and she invited her to the assembly. A brother from the prostitute's former city came to the platform to give a symposium talk and the bible student was startled to recognise the speaker as one of her former customers.

It is traditional for a speaker after his talk to go to the chairmans office afterward for a cup of tea so the sister took the prostitute to the chairmans office afterward and the two confronted the speaker in front of the DO & CO. He broke down in tears and admitted that he had been cheating on his wife with prostitutes for years. He was reproved and rebuilt his marriage. The former prostitute was so impressed that she progressed to baptism and currently serves as a pioneer"

The experience is supposed to show how Jehovah's spirit is very active and any sins will always be uncovered.

• bigmac
    bigmac

He broke down in tears and admitted that he had been cheating on his wife with prostitutes for years. He was reproved and rebuilt his marriage

so i guess thats a green light for us all then

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

bigmac - Ohhhh yeah! It's a true experience. worthy of the a$$embĀ£y!

Dozy - There are so many spurious experiences doing the rounds of JWism.

Yes. Like the old one about the Truth Book(tm) flying out of a bus and hitting someone on the head thus knocking them out. He read it and found the truth(R). Not a very good lie but may illustrate what a dangerous thing head trauma is.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Hahahahaha what a load of s*@*! That has to be the most horrific and sick "experiance" I have ever heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit