new assembly experience... what do you reckon to this one?

by purrpurr 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

OK so aparently there was this young girl who wanted to study with the jw's because she loved the bible so much. She asked her fathers permission but he refused, after much nagging though he said she could have a study if she was prepared to have one of her fingers chopped off. He thought the is would stop her but she was willing so he got a knife and cut off one of her fingers... A little while later she wanted to attend the meetings and he said no and again when nagged said she could attend meetings if she had another finger chopped off so she agreed and he chopped off a second finger. Then she wanted to get bapisted... And yes you've guessed lost another finger!

apparently she's telling this experience on the platform at an assembly and she then introduces the man sitting next to her, who is her father! He's now studying and this is his first assembly. The girl is so happy and says she dosnt mind being maimed for life because she got her father into the truth and all it cost was three fingers and she will get them back in the new system! Oh and of course everyone there is no crying because of this sisters fine example! And isn't it so faith strengthening!!???!

Thoughts anyone?

• Honesty
    Honesty

BS

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wouldn't the father take her seriously the first time she cut off a finger?

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like another WTS fairytale.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You're shitting me, right?

• prologos
    prologos

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a joke.

• hoser
    hoser

Did anyone take a close look at her hands?

Did anyone at the assembly call the police and report the father for child abuse?

• blondie
    blondie

I have heard of the meetings compared to the five fingers on our hand...which one can you do without.

• LV101
    LV101

I heard the same story about 22 yrs. ago and, of course, believed at the time.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit