• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

is it a form of knowledge?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

or is "love" selfless self sacrifice?

• humbled
    humbled

I think it is both what Londo said and what you said: If you know what hurts you,then you do not want another to feel that same pain. So I think love is the desire to mitigate the pain of living and share the joy.

Now, are we talking about romantic love and having children? this topic could swarm....and I hope it does.

Love is wonderful.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

is love accepting people for who they are with out hesitation?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Don't hurt me...no more...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who now has this stuck in their head. Than's alot NHAH!

There are a few different types of love, but they're all just biochemical and neurological effects that were developed over the 3.5 billion years of evolution. Species (typically social mamals) that developed chemical responses that lead them to take care of their offspring, protect other members of the group, etc. are all more likely to survive as a group. Even if love drives someone to protect a member of the group that is not their direct decendent, they're still protecting a possessor of the genetic makeup that predisposes a person to love (in most cases, anyway) so this genetic predispostion made members of the group more likely to survive to pass on their genes.

Love, and indeed all emotion, is a distortion of your thought that is "designed" by evolution to cause you to behave in a manner that is more likely to cause your genetic makeup to survive indefinitely.

• prologos
    prologos

LOL --doing it without hesitation--.

• talesin
    talesin

That was cruel, Londo

Bloody earworms ............

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, new hope, I would say so.

There is a big difference, though, between accepting a person as they are, no judging .......... and choosing to put up with their shyte!

You can love and accept someone, and not judge them, and still choose to avoid their company, which may be destructive, abusive, or just not your cup of tea. That's my philosophy on life.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit