Plano Star Courier: Latest news coverage about Dallas lawsuit filed against the WT

by AndersonsInfo 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Nice statement, Flipper, thanks!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

So disgusting how so many of these pedos were covered for in the name of Jehovah. Reading the court docs made me want to slap somebody.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Lift the brick and watch the woodlice scurry away.

I hope the WBT$ gets totally rinsed beyond recovery.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that with this case the time has come where the WT/JW org will try to distance itself from the perpetrators, and claim they have no responsibility.

I would hope that any such claim would be easily demolished in Court, but the In-house lawyers will be working feverishly to try to find a way to do this, it is always about the $$$.

They care not for these poor victims of their disgusting Paedophile Paradise, where monsters like Jackson are free to do what they want, when a proper programme of protection for the vulnerable would make his (their) crimes impossible.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wish they were sueing for more than a million $ each. It seems a low figure.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phuzzy - I think that with this case the time has come where the WT/JW org will try to distance itself from the perpetrators, and claim they have no responsibility.

This could be a fine balance. On the one hand if they make the elders personally responsible for lawsuits then I wonder if they would all start going to the police in the first instance rather than risk court.

How would the WBT$ justify the letters to BOEs and the Flock Book instructions?

Or am I reading too much into the WBT$' need for money?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Phizzy: In a lawsuit, it is my understanding that one or more of the legal corporations (WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC. (and/or d/b/a or a/k/a, WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC.) that presides over Jehovah's Witnesses can't distance itself from the perpetrators if the WT corporation appointed these men as elders or ministerial servants. With appointment comes "agency." All elders are "agents" of the Watchtower. Molesters who are elders when they molest kids are "agents" of the WT.

Circuit Overseers are also agents of the WT. Under the new arrangement, circuit overseers appoint elders. However, as WT agents, when they do the appointing, they are merely doing their job as WT's appointed agents.

In a lawsuit, this doesn't mean that WT elders (agents) that recommended an elder, who turned out to be a molester, will escape responsibility either. That's why lawyers sue congregations. (KINGDOM HALL JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (CENTRAL ENGLISH) OF DALLAS, TEXAS, KINGDOM HALL JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES OF PLANO, TEXAS, KINGDOM HALL JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES OF GREENVILLE, TEXAS) But the "buck" stops with the WT who started the chain of appointments. (Said Defendant [Watchtower of NY] has conducted business within the State of Texas through its agents, representatives, and alter egos.)

This chain of responsibility can be seen in lawsuits where lawyers sue everybody in the chain, which didn't include circuit overseers before, but will now since they make appointments at the bequest of the WT. (The Defendant entities are collectively referred to herein as the “Watchtower Defendants” because each is the alter ego of one another and collectively operate in concert as a single business enterprise.)

I hope this information is helpful.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The damage to their reputation and fear of members walking out on them should be of greater concern to them than any money settlements. If I was to show any of my relatives that court document about a hirachy of a religion intimidating victims not to go to police. They would be in disbelief. Sadly though they have got no idea of what's going on and will probably remain that way.

• sir82
    sir82

This chain of responsibility can be seen in lawsuits where lawyers sue everybody in the chain, which didn't include circuit overseers before, but will now since they make appointments at the bequest of the WT.

Interesting.

How many COs have realized this - that they are now implicated in future lawsuits? I'm guessing very few.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit