Would you convert to a religion for love?

by new hope and happiness 43 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I felt secure in my belief as a witness and finished with a girlfriend because I was a witness and now I'm not a witness I think there are similarities between all the Abrahamic religionswhich I think make up 54% of the worlds population.

Ucantnome, yes, you are so correct. All branches of the same tree, imho as well.

t

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Talisman, you ask which school of Buddisam i believe in. I dont.

We like to label to much.

As the Buddah said " test all things and if they dont agree with your reason dont believe it"

I do not believe in Karma nor reincarnation. But i believe in the 4 noble truths.

The first Nobel truth is life contains suffering. ( we all i think agree with that?)

The second Nobel truth is we suffer due to craving and wanting. ( a little more complicated but worth thinking about)

The third noble truth is suffering can be overcome and happiness found. ( we all strive for that)

The forth nobel truth is that people have the capacity to end suffering in their life, because WE create the suffering in our life. ( and that is even harder to accept, but if a person can do that they can be happy)

My simple explanation and understanding of the 4 noble truths.

• talesin
    talesin

New Hope

Cool. That's the way I see it, too. (in general terms, yes .. we may express ourselves differently)

Determine what enriches your life, and those you love, while ehhanciing the lives of others, and embrace it.

(bold is mine, and not a quote)

Namaste. :)

t

• talesin
    talesin

Some Buddhist ways of thinking are, for me, very helpful in life's journey. Still, I choose to remain godless, and will tell you straight-up that although I like some of the attitutudes (See my quote in bold above) , I would never want to be, nor would I claim to be, of the Buddhist Faith.

I am a straight-up, G*dless, heathen!

tal /

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit