1919 Doctrine no longer exists? (Today's Watchtower Study)

by FusionTheism 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man

No, the date still exists. What has changed is their claims of what happened in that year.

It was formerly claimed that Jesus made the initial appointment of the FDS in the 1st century and appointed them over all his belongings in 1919. Now it is claimed that Jesus made his initial appointment of the FDS in 1919 and will appoint them over all his belongings when he returns in the future during the great tribulation.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    FusionTheism The updated view, since July 15th 2013, is that Jesus inspected all religions between 1914 and 1919. The past view was that Jesus did his inspection in 1918. The Watchtower has eliminated the relevancy of the year 1918. And for your information, The Watchtower said that since 1918 the holy spirit ceased to function as "The Helper" for the anointed ones, because since 1918 Jesus is in his spiritual temple:

“But when the Lord Jesus comes to his temple and gathers his approved ones into the temple, is there any further need for the office of the holy spirit as a helper and advocate? If not, then the advocacy of the holy spirit would there cease. Jesus, being in the temple and with his chosen ones, would act for them directly.” (Watchtower, September 1, 1930 p. 263)

“It would seem that there would be no necessity for the ‘servant’ to have an advocate such as the holy spirit, because the ‘servant’ to have an advocate is in direct communication with Jehovah and as Jehovah’s instrument, and Christ Jesus acts for the entire body.” (p. 263)

“‘The servant’ is anointed to do a specific work. ‘The servant’ is made up of Christ Jesus the Head, the resurrected saints, and the called and chosen ones on the earth who have been brought into the temple and who have entered into the joy of the Lord. Individually those of the remnant on earth must have their standing before God in the beloved One Christ Jesus, and the beloved One is their advocate. Being in the temple, however, there would seem to be no good reason why there should be an advocacy in their behalf by the holy spirit, since the Lord is now with them.” (p. 263)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes Jesus inspect all the religions and he picked the one that was off the wall egregiously false such as the IBSA run by J Rutherford, at the time this so called Christian religion was backing and professing the theory of Pyramidology.

Thats why he choose them.

Of course Pyramidology was eventually dropped by him but that didn't stop him and the men to follow to make other erroneous unscripturally based dating doctrines. ... ie 1975

The honest conclusion to his self proclamation made in 1919 by J Rutherford was that he wanted to bring a sense of viability and relevance onto himself and the literature the WTS produced.

It isn't rocket science.

• prologos
    prologos

Finkelstein: "Thats why he choose them." Pyramids, also the ground-breaking talk, "--Millions now living will never die"

No, 1919 is not changed, but with that appointment "Jesus" established the inalienable right of the GB / FaDS to proclaim ever more bizarre doctrines. If he approved that, he have must pre-approved 1925, 1975, no blood transfusion for pets. 2 tier Christians, overlapping,

Sluggish slave is demoted from class/ group to a mere possibility, just like the "Evil Slave" is now a mere "hypothetical concept".

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Lets review...it's a cult.

Man it's like watching the lord of the rings movie.....i am just waiting for the unicorns to arrive. from what i hear...they are so fluffy.

when i read the bible...it's not this complicated and jesus doesn't change.

so sickening

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: So they have erased their doctrine about 1919?

No. But you clearly have trouble understanding English, not that this week's Watchtower is exactly a model of clarity of thought or precision of language. The prose is (I believe) deliberately abstruse.

Twisted, tweaking, vacillating and equivocating obfuscation is not an erasure. It is at best a sign of muddled thinking by lazy, untrained and/or undisciplined minds not up to the task of trying to explicate scripture. At worst, it is evidence of skilled manipulators yanking the chain of their blindly obedient cult members. Misdirection is the stock in trade of sleight of hand magicians and their rhetorical counterparts: snake-oil con-men.

The difference is that the former practice their arts for entertainment, while the latter utter prosaic nonsense for the purpose of manipulating and defrauding the gullible and the naive for their own enrichment. One is a fun diversion, the other is criminal.

No matter how you slice or dice it: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Do not be misled by any sentimental notion of a kinder, gentler Governing Body. That's nonsense. When the GB make any changes, they are in fact affirming their authority, confirming their control.

FT, go read this thread:

A Tug on the Leash (The Authority Which the GB Wields Over the R&F)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Wait, so this essentially is saying that Charles T Russell had no spiritual authority whatsoever. In other words, by doing this it seems like what they're going to be able to say is "oh you can't hold those dates against us."

Am I reading this right?

Splash's comparison
    Comparing everything it seems that they're covering their tracks for the lousy information. They can't be held responsible because
    a) there was no real FDS that existed
    b) They weren't truly entrusted with anything just yet

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you probably have it about right, I don't follow the twists and turns of their tortured minds too closely.

All I know is that the motivation in all they do is $$$, to preserve their lifestyle and the Org, which they do not want to be in charge of when it sinks.

This obfuscating of the FDS/GB as to identity, and therefore responsibility and Legal liability started when Steven Unthank took the G.B to Court in Australia, and according to the WT/JW Lawyer the GB/FDS were just a Theological Concept. Therefore in their mind they cannot be held Legally responsible for Child Abuse (etc) that occurs on their watch.

Doctrine driven by expediency has always been the way with the WT/JW Org.

• kairos
    kairos

I really hope the corrupt leaders, all of them, go to prison for their crimes against humanity.

Could happen...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit