A QUESTION FOR JW'S who say, "The brothers were overly zealous" about 1975

by Terry 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Fred Franz pushed the date. He was wrong, and he got promoted to President!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Watchtards!!!! LOL!!! Go Royals !!!! Wooo-hoooo!!!!!

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course, WTS has gone down this road before...and failed then as well.

But they did succeed and win pulling the wool over people's eyes, exploiting people fears and ignorance to stimulate their literature proliferation.

In a logical sense, 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 etc were successful lies that helped the WTS. publishing house tremendously.

That pronouncement that they (GB) were feeding mankind spiritual food was also a lie.

Reflectively the entire Watchtower Corporation was built on self supporting lies.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

If a prophet utters a prophecy, and that prophecy doesn't come to pass, that false prophet has spoken presumtuously and you have nothing to fear from that prophet!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah; 1971; 2nd ed.; p. 216:

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

Now consider what the F&DS has said about those making such false predictions:

Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.23 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God’s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them."

Watchtower April 1, 1972, p. 197

"Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?"

• sparky1
    sparky1

Publisher increase for 1974: 13.5%!!

Publisher increase for 1975: 9.7%!!

Publisher increase for 1976: 3.7%!!

Publisher decrease for 1977: -1%!!

Publisher decrease for 1978: -1.4%!!

The most significant growth in the history of Jehovahs Witnesses took place in the runup years to 1975. To all you lurking Witnesses and apologists: Do you really think that such growth was accomplished by 'a few over zealous' publishers that 'read too much into the 1975 date'?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

It reminds me of the final sofa and bed sale which must end Sunday which is frequently advertised on national television then come Monday the sale is so successful they extend it by a further few weeks which is all very wonderful because at the end of the further period which quite often coincides with Easter or Christmas you can take advantage of getting a delivery before the holiday. Then the circus starts all over again with the January sale not to be missed of course. It's often spoken of as not to be repeated. Are we blind to the fact that they are taking advantage of us and not the other way round ?

Roll Up Roll Up for the Magical Mystery Tour we are coming to take you away. It's new its improved it's got added ingrediant .

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I remember that time like it was yesterday. I went from having a fun normal growing up childhood as an early teenager to dealing with a suddenly fanatically religious Mother who's JW sister convinced her the end of the world was coming a few years in 1975. The Watchtower poisonious lie of 1975 spread throughout my mom's family thanks to the whipped up end of the world hysteria by my aunt. It was all a lie. Far as I know maybe only 1 relative still is a JW.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I was there ~ 'Stay Alive 'till '75"

• sparky1
    sparky1

Overly zealous or overly mind controlled?

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/1975-new-info.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit