Positive proof that prayer works!

by 3rdgen 22 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

About a week ago my adult daughter called me crying. It seems her beloved expensive cat had jumped out of her second story window and disappeared. "Oh dear!" I exclaimed, "Hows **** (her dear sweet roomate) taking it?" "He's taking it even harder than I am. When he told his (born again) parents they promised they would PRAY for his safe return" (Background on daughter) She is college educated, holds down a lucrative job, and saw through the JW nonsence right away.) Fighting back the overwhelming urge to ask, "Are you s#!ting me?" I chucked and said "Do you think the almighty will turn his attention from the starving and abused children in the world to look for your kitty?" "Oh Mom they are just putting it out there in the universe. It couldn't hurt." Well, she had me there, so we hung up. Today she called to say that the cat showed up at her doorstep a little worse for the wear but ok. So there you have it friends. Proof that Jeehoovah returns kitties if only you ask with faith.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Purrrrfect ending I'd say.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Back in October of 2011, I prayed that the Almighty help Manchester United defeat Manchester City in a soccer match. He did not. MU lost 1-6. I told my bookie that there must have been a mixup upstairs because I had promised that if MU had won, I was going to contribute all my winnings to the till when I showed up at church. But, since the Almighty did NOT listen to me, I took that as a hint that the Almighty doesn't want my money, nor does he wish me to be happy. So, I stopped believing in him, stopped betting on football matches and started a 401K.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

SOP LOL "Evidently" you didn't have enough faith.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

haha good one. I always suspected that the good lord was a fan of pussies.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

poopsiecakes: I always suspected that the good lord was a fan of pussies.

On this one point, the Lord and I agree.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Y'all might enjoy this thread on the same subject:

Jehovah, the God of Parking Lots

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Poopsie and Oub, you're killin' me!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

One of our buisnesses is struggling ...a new shop opened next door....an Elder told us we should have prayed before buying it and Jehoover would have stopped us buying it...my wife thinks he has sh## for brains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit