OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF JW BABES...........

by deddaisy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

ItsJustlittleoldme:

"Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?"
    COMF Said "No."

You misunderstood, little. Everything in italics, including the "No.", was a quote From the FAQ on the "Authorized Site of the Office of Public Information of Jehovah's Witnesses". Click on the link I provided and scroll down to the question. "No" is the first word of the official society answer. I was only quoting them.

COMF

(Edited to add...)

By the way, little, check out the rest of their answer. Having given the definitive "No" as an answer, which is what will register in the minds of those sincerely asking, they then go on to explain that "Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation."

Now, is this an answer to the question that was asked? In the most technical sense, I suppose so. However, it's a deliberate distortion of what they know the inquirer would mean. How many people asking that question would have dead people in mind?

Regarding those who "may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness", what exactly does that mean? The inquirer, being unfamiliar with JW eschatology, may take it to mean only that these ones will "accept the lord and stop their evil ways." But we know what it really means... those ones would have to become JWs. And so the evidence provided in support of the "No" answer is really a "Yes" answer... in other words, a blatant lie.

Perplext no more with Human or Divine,
    To-morrow's tangle to the winds resign,
    And lose your fingers in the tresses of
    The cypress-slender Minister of Wine.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The answer to the question "Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?", is an example of an insider/outsider doctrine, which is common to many cults.

Outsiders, who presumably are not ready for the true story, will read that statement and think that JW's are rather tolerant. Insiders read it and understand that the supporting text indicates that they really do believe that only they will be saved.

The same thing can be found in the "JW's in the 20th Century booklet". The question "are you here to convert me?" is asked, and a clear "No" answer is given, even though they really are at your door to convert you.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?" "No."

This is no different of a tactic than that of a used car salesman.
    Tell the prospect whatever they need to hear in order to reel them in, and they can read the "fine print" later.......

"...arrange times for your YOUNG children to sit quietly and read or look at the pictures in our Christian publications."

yes, may I suggest the lovely old "Paradise Lost" book with its "pictures" of the earth opening up to devour the screaming people. I know that I, as a kid, found hours of Christian hope and love within its pages....

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I think I'm going to cry now. I used to be just like that kid for sooo long it makes me sick inside.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Ahh, sorry COMF.. I thought you were suggesting that you believed their statement..

As usual, the statement is true, however, they allowed it to be misleading to people unaware of what it really means.. That is a perfect example of Theocratic Warfare Strategy before our very eyes!!!

Since I know what they really mean, I wanted to 'force' you to acknowledge it's true meaning.. Seems you were agreeing with me, and I didn't even know it :-)

Sorry...

• City Fan
    City Fan

And it's not just children - I worked with an elder once who, when told politely by the guy at the door that he was not interested, replied:
    "Well, it's your funeral mate!"

That elder never did get any bible studies!

You're right dedaisy. Their tactics are no different from used car salesmen. They can call it Theocratic Warfare not to give straight answers - I call it lying.

One thing that finally put me off the whole religion was a book that was released (can't remember its name) which was designed to "sell" the religion. It had numerous answers to various objections e.g.
    Householder: "oh I'm not interested"
    JW: "Could I just ask - is it the bible or Jehovah's Witnesses that you're not interested in?"

The book was full of sales techniques that could easily be applied to selling insurance or double glazing.
    "Would you like to use my pen or yours"
    JW equivalent:
    "Would you like to use my bible or yours?"

Something that was the truth would never need to be "sold" like insurance.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"I used to be like that kid......."

gsx1138, the "go to the KH" kid?

that kid is scary, can you imagine what this religion is going to be like in about fifty years? there will be less and less "recruits" and the adults that were raised in the "truth," like that kid, are going to be a small cult of intolerant members.

like posters have pointed out, some JW's view of "worldly" people is, in alot of ways, not unlike bin laden's view of Americans....

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

City Fan,
    "Well it's your funeral mate."

I can't believe that he said that at a door!

but it is typical, you're right...
    "You wait til armageddon!" seems to be the "slogan" of alot of the "posters" here even.....

• outcast
    outcast

GAG

They can twist anything to suit their scare tactics.

Taken from "The Pure Language Network".---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im4jah

Python Swallows Baby
    "Python Swallows Baby
    May 22, 2001 10:05 am EST

LUSAKA (Reuters) - A python swallowed a baby minutes after it was born near the central Zambian town of Serenje, state television reported.

Heavily pregnant Joyce Mibenge was on her way to plough fields one mile from her home when she went into labor, ZNBC reported. Halfway home, she was overwhelmed by labor pains and retreated into a nearby bush to rest.

"She gave birth there on her own. After a few moments when she had recovered enough to hold her baby she saw a happy python licking the legs of the baby with the rest already swallowed," ZNBC said.

The traumatized Mibenge pulled herself to her feet, fled to her home and raised the alarm, but searching villagers were unable to find the snake. She did not even know whether she had had a boy or girl."

A note from me: As shocking and appalling as this story is, shouldn't we be similarly ALARMED that the original serpent, Satan, is devouring our young at such a rapid rate? What steps can we take to protect them?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A "Sister " i know is fond of saying

"Well, they would only have to die sometime , it does not matter"!!

How did we believe it ? How did it seem right? but it did at the time.

I firmly believed that "worldly people " could not be trusted. They only SEEMED nice on the surface. etc .

Keep on posting , your points on indoctrination are spot on ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit