2 reasons the 'overlapping anointed' idea generates no comfort for the WT writers.

by prologos 18 Replies latest social current

• prologos
    prologos

1) The general "wicked generation" has always members that live past 115 years, so, WITHOUT the ridicoulous overlap idea, keeping it would have taken wt writers to 2030 for the start of PARDISE anyway.

2) The "All things take place" prophecy recorded in Math 23-25 include the entering of the " Goats into everlasting cutting off=Armageddon; the Sheep into everlasting life= Paradise". Therefore: the generation of wt anointed overlappers dying BEFORE Armageddon to be raptured*, is NOT what Jesus said. He said the Generation will Not Pass, will survive, be alive , witness the entering into Paradise. so.

what does this debacle show about the bible, "new light" WT interpreters?

* that pre-Armageddon going to heaven is required to have them fight the war, get ready for the wedding.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It shows that when the fulfillment of prophecy is era-centric and interpreted by those that are ego-centric you end up with change after change to meet the needs of unfulfilled expectations. In order to keep the rank and file excited you have to CREATE urgency and the ONLY way to do that is to adjust...always adjust

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, most JWs can’t understand it. Maybe it has a numbing or blurring effect on the mind.

It doesn't take much research for this to be debunked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojCp5tgWXz8&index=7&list=PLyNx0oM_bmgAxVYyFIhblMu4Mo1PeMxn1

• prologos
    prologos

mind numbing for numbed minds, yet, this is really what Jws are asked by the GB to peddle at the doors. These are the beliefs that sets them apart from other "Churches".

If you do not believe, preach, comment on the new lite, you are not obedient; will not be blessed by the GB/enforcers smile of approval.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That damned Bible, getting in the way of Witness doctrine again. I mean, first we have to explain how Jesus must have returned invisibly then we have to address all the concerns that resurrected ones will not be able to be married because they will be "as the angels." Now, the "generation" thing comes up again and again. If the end doesn't come soon, we'll figure something else out.

• prologos
    prologos

OTWO, if only JWs would think like you described.

They would realize that the 'anointed' could not possibly be the generation, dying before the sheep go into paradise, as predicted.

I would love 'to do battle' as we did in the 1950s in the H2H work:

Householder to JW: " so You believe that the Sheep will go into Paradise after Armageddon?

JW: that's Jehovah's promise.

H: The goats are destroyed at Armageddon then ?

Jw: Certainly, they deserve it!

H: where do you find that? in Math 24-25?

J: I just showed you, these are the things Jesus said would all come to pass before this generation passes away! surely I could not be clearer?

H: wait a minute, you told me that your leaders, the anointed generation, will go to heaven at the beginning of the Great tribulation. Does that not mean they pass away Before all these things occur?

JW: The WT says--

H: is not your going into paradise what you promise me too? and now you show me that the generation will be gone before that happens? Are you not negating your promise? The generation gone? the show over? The sheep holding the empty bag?

I'd love to be the householder, see their faces.

• steve2
    steve2

"The end of the world is just around the corner" is to the Witnesses what "the check is in the mail" is to those who don't pay their bills: Tired and lame excuses that even those who say them do so half-heartedly.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• steve2
    steve2

Londo111, very powerful, simply presented video debunking the overlapping generations nonsense.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you. Of course, it doesn't take much to debunk it.

The district convention this was announced at was the first one I missed…and felt really guilty doing so. I wonder what I would have thought if I had heard this. I keep wondering if the scales would have fallen off my eyes. It might’ve saved me a whole lot of grief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit