Interpolated portions of the Bible are responsible for JW mistakes and arrogance

by exWTslave 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Exwtslave - You would probably enjoy this book. http://biblehub.com/library/unknown/the_clementine_homilies/

This book gives stories of Peter dealing with the same issues, you are talking about.

heres one to think about.. Why would Abraham argue with God over the destruction of Sodom, however say nothing about his own Son?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Jeremiah 19:5 "They built the high places of Baʹal in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to Baʹal, something that I had not commanded or spoken of and that had never even come into my heart.”

and you shall slaughter the ram, and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right ear and on the lobes of the right ears of his sons, and on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet, and dash the rest of the blood against all sides of the altar.

You can read the whole bloody mess in Exodus 29

Can anyone seriously believe that God made up this ritual Some of the prophets didn't seem to think so. "For in the day that I [the Lord of Hosts] brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to them or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices" [Jer 7:22 ] (If you want to check this out, don't use the NIV translation since it mistranslates this verse. The KJV and any of the standard versions are OK.) Hosea said "For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. [6:6] This is an important verse because Jesus cites it himself [Mat. 9:13 ].

7“Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, I will testify against you.

I am God, your God. 8Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before me. 9I will not accept a bull from your house

or goats from your folds 10For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. 11I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine 12“If I were hungry, I would not tell you for the world and its fullness are mine 13Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats 14Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High 15and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

objectivetruth,

Very nice. You really increased my knowledge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit