Why JWs are a CULT - ULTIMATE POST

by Black Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

Bookmarked and thanks for sharing!

Quendi

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I like some of the information at howcultswork.com.

This is what they say about exclusivism:

The cult leaders need to make you believe that there is no where else you can go and still be saved, and if you ever leave the “one true church” then you are going to hell. This is a fear based control mechanism designed to keep you in the cult. It also gives the cult leaders tremendous power over you. If you really believe that leaving the group equals leaving God (or means you are leaving your only chance to succeed in life), then you will obey the cult leaders even when you disagree with them instead of risking being kicked out of the group. Exclusivism is used as a threat, it controls your behavior through fear

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The Information control, pressure to give all resources to them (some caveats do apply on that), incomplete dsclosure of entry requirements up front to name a few.

• SAHS
    SAHS

I think that it’s not just any particular thing but, rather, it is the total combination of such numerous proven inconsistencies and falsehoods. The WTS says that it can prove that we are in the “last days” of this “system of things” because “everything dovetails together” in the signs and events (that is, according to their own rather peculiar eschatologhy). But anyone can easily prove that the WTS is not “spirit directed” in any way, because the preponderance all those inconsistencies and falsehoods (lies) all combine to prove that it simply isn’t and couldn’t be the only true religion.

Actually, it was this very discussion board that did it for me. There was a reference in one of the threads to a compilation called “Spiritual Food At the Proper Time” (located at http://www.freeminds.org), which is a chronological listing and comparison of all the Watchtower doctrines right from the start. That historical synopsis was extremely informative and eye-opening for me. It really lays out the development of the continuing mess of made-up dogma and the overwhelming number of discrepancies over all those years.

So, the thing that really clinched it for me was simply the combination of so much that fits like a key proving that the WTS is just another quirky sect/cult based on lies every bit as much as the rest of them and more.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Magnum amd Finklestein

Good comments!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Great thread!

I would like to add that any religion that dictates what type of fabric you wear or how long your hair should be is probably a cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The descriptive word CULT is indigenous to mind control and the WTS. enforces this with close scrutiny among its members.

Easy to see actually in the Watchtower study, information is given in a paragraph form and then a carefully scripted question is made

to reconfirm that information. No other open critical questioning is allowed or you'll be in big trouble.

The WTS doctrine were deceivingly devised to help in the proliferation of their published literature and thats why

their members are to not deviate from those expressed doctrines and not to be analytically critical of them.

We interpret the bible because we have been chosen to do so and not you or anyone else ..... is the GB creed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit