Car accident

by Clambake 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

CLAMBAKE- I'm sorry that you experienced this sad accident. Good for you though in standing up on behalf of your wife to that bonehead elder whose own wife had died and he wanted to put YOUR wife's life at risk by going out in service on icy roads. I'm proud of you that you stood up to him. What a jackass that elder is. These JW's have NO appreciation for life in the here and now- they are all future oriented thinking only of their fictitious " paradise " - so they are really dangerous people to be around being that they de-value the sancitity of life so much in the present sense ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Simon
    Simon

Next winter comes. Elder whos wife was killed calls my wife on a terrible winters day asking if she is coming out for field service. I grab the phone and snap on the elder “ you killed your wife, you are not killing mine “. Sorry, I forgot to mention it was a rural hall, lots of driving for field service.

Sorry, does no one else think that this is simply cruel and inappropriate?

The guy lost his wife in an accident. They were just doing what they thought was right. They did not deserve to die because of it. It's simply tragic.

Surely a simple "no, please don't call this number again" would suffice?

• Clambake
    Clambake

When your BOE is more concerned about impressing the C.O than the safety of the members of congregation, I don’t think what I said was inappropriate .

What really pisses me off about the accident was not a single Elder ever said “ Don’t get yourself killed coming to meeting, going in field service “ . No No No, you die in service you are a martyr.

• steve2
    steve2

On the other hand, Clambake, with the possible exception of children who are under parental guidance, all other publishers are adults who are capable of making these kinds of decisions themselves- regardless of elders saying or not saying, "Don't get yourself killed etc..."

It is bordering on pathetic blaming elders for adults making choices about driving vehicles under perilous conditions. I can acknowledge that it is a tragedy that adult JWs have been killed under these kinds of weather conditions; but it is taking a long stretch on a bow to blame elders or other men in authority in the organization for witnesses decisions to drive in these sorts of conditions.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Oh Bullpoop

I know there is a culture of a bullying and intimidation in each congregation. I know people who turn in slips with zero are treated differently. I know the panic that comes with each C.O visit.

When my wife was marked and no one go out into field service with her, I would drive the car and follow her though the neighbourhood. No way I was letting my wife knock on strange doors by herself. I see the way the people with UBMs are treated. No one offers to give a ride to an assembly, no one offers help moving, no one wants to have us over for supper.

It is the culture of a bullying and intimidation that got these women killed that was being enforced by thug elders. Just saying NO isn’t quite and as easy as you seem to think it is.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sorry to hear. I knew of a "brother" who was involved in a fatal accident - that was not his fault. It was ver tramatic for his family and friends.

• blondie
    blondie

I see the way the people with UBMs are treated

It is different if the UBM is rich though...a lot of sucking up.

In a 1989 KM there was an article not to invite non-jws to social events....some jws avoided the difficulty of inviting the wife and kids but not the husband by not inviting anyone in the family...unless he had a lot of money or was "studying" with some brother.

A song that illustrates the gossip at any KH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkY09GQoJGo

Pick a little more, cheep, cheep

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

LEAVING_QUIETLY is wrong in their assessment (above) since you state that you are an UBM -- (Un-Baptized Member).

Yep, I was wrong initially... I realized my mistake and edited my post to reflect that. Sorry for any confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit