Car accident

by Clambake 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

So

I was in a car accident in a fatality. Without going into detail I wasn’t found in the wrong. Alcohol and poor judgement were involved with the other party. It could also be a possible suicide, only Allah knows.

What kind of grief should I expect from the elders and various other busybodies in the congregation about this with their bloodguilt and stuff.

Alittle about me. UBM. Everyone is fully aware that I only go once a month to keep the peace with the wife.

• cofty
    cofty

That must have been very distressing for you. Hope your ok?

Usually the elders will accept the conclusion of the police investigation that you were not at fault.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I remember one time listen to a talk from an elder about the importance of keeping our cars in good shape. If we lapse in getting that brake job or snow tires we could be found bloodguilt by jehovah an never see paradise earth.

Thus the reason I ask.

• sir82
    sir82

If you are not baptized, the elders can't do anything.

• 88JM
    88JM

Sorry to hear about that - I'm sure you must be pretty shaken up.

As far as the JWs go, if you're an UBM and it wasn't your fault, then I personally don't think you'll see any action from elders or anything.

I personally know of an incident in the congregation here a couple of years ago of an elder in a serious collision on the way to the meeting with an oncoming foreign motorcyclist who was on the wrong side of the road. The elder is still the congregation secretary here and takes the Watchtower.

Something that is worth doing is getting yourself thoroughly checked out physically if you haven't already done so. The elder I mentioned did go to hospital and had what seemed like fairly superficial injuries at the time, but a couple of years down the line he now suffers with chronic back and knee pain and is unable to work.

• Clambake
    Clambake

It is not about me. I couldn't care less what they think. If she were to ever leave I think I would beat up the C.O and afew elders. I think there is a better chance of me joining ISIS than becoming one of jehovah witnesses.

She finally got unmarked and got her phony friends back.

I am just more worried about her.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Wow... sorry to hear about this.

From a judicial point of view, they'll likely want to at least speak with you. Provide the police report, if you have it. At least you can clear your name. With UBMs, they don't have to even have a formal judicial committee. They simply would tell you that you are no longer qualified to be a publisher. But if you were not in the wrong, they likely won't do that.

I would think they would ask if you were drinking. You said you were not, so if everything else is on the up and up, you should be cleared with no trouble.

Of course, I echo 88JMs comments about getting checked out physically, if you haven't already. And, it might not be a bad idea to visit with a psychiatrist. Being in an experience like that could bring about unexpected mental side effects.

Edit: I read UBM and thought "unbaptized publisher". Ignore what I said about anything judicial. If you're not a publisher, there's not a darned tootin' thing they can do. Hopefully, they'd be humane and at least inquire about how you're doing.

Best to you,

~LQ

• steve2
    steve2

That sounds awful Clambake. Does your state offer any kind of "counselling" type followup if requested? It is a shame that your first thoughts turn what kind of response this will elicit from the organization - but I "hear" your concerns about your wife. Best.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Glad you are OK.

So often innocent people are harmed by the foolish &/or irresponsible actions of others.

As far as the JW Clergy, you (and she) should be fine. After all, YOU are the "VICTIM". LEAVING_QUIETLY is wrong in their assessment (above) since you state that you are an UBM -- (Un-Baptized Member). By that, I'm assuming you are not even a "Publisher". If anything the Elders and gossipy busybody sisters should tell your wife how fortunate she is that you were not harmed.

Sounds like you and the missus have taken a lot of crap from these guys (since she was "marked"). Hopefully you can keep it from poisoning your view on life. (Funny. That's odd advice coming from someone who has taken 3-4 years to get over being pissed off.)

Good luck,

Doc

The greatest revenge is enjoying a happying and prosperous life.

• Clambake
    Clambake

A few years back, there were two sister killed in a car accident in our old congregation. What happened was the average temperature in January was well past -30. Near the end of the month all the ubers were in a big panic to get some hours in. C.O is also coming for a visit and everyone is in a big panic.

Later that morning two sisters in a Honda Civic are smoked by an 18 wheeler on an icy highway. Both are killed.

C.O comes to do the funeral. Of course it is just a copy and paste infomercial for the WTS. The whole time I am thinking it is your fault they are dead you morally bankrupt idiot. They were out on icy highways trying to impress you. Putting your life at risk to hand out magazines they don’t understand to people who don’t want them.

Next winter comes. Elder whos wife was killed calls my wife on a terrible winters day asking if she is coming out for field service. I grab the phone and snap on the elder “ you killed your wife, you are not killing mine “. Sorry, I forgot to mention it was a rural hall, lots of driving for field service.

We moved to another city. Elders aren’t in a big rush to be my new best friend. I prefer it this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit