Purging and letting go of the past

by Skinnedsheep 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

My wife and I decided that today would be the day that we would let go of the past. We collected all of our Watchtower published books and brochures and threw them out. It was honestly bitter sweet to toss our old pioneer books, marked up insight books, and notes from 25 years of conventions. A 64 gallon trash can was barely big enough.

We are now working on boxing up our children's suits and meeting dresses for donation to good will. Lot's of good memories tied to these things but also a constant reminder that we were trapped in a cult for close to 4 decades.

Goodbye old life.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Onwards and upwards! Here's to you and your wife and your new life a fresh start x

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Way to go! It's always good to move forward, instead of looking back and holding onto the past.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm still unable to throw away my public talk files.

Doc

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Yeah Doc I still have the 20 something talks that I gave. I wanted to throw them away but for some reason stopped.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Good on yer!

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Well done Ss! I had a half way clear out today. All duplicates are now in the recycling waste. It's nice to have some more space on the bookshelf, especially now my wife has bought the entire Game of Thrones series and we had no space to put them :D

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

I have kept most of the WT publications with me, because I find it useful when I get some Witness friends to show their mistakes from their own publications!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It is hard to just walk away from 4 decades of your life. Like a death, it is time to move on.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Way to go Skinnedsheep! Cheers to the future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit