The Kids Corner at Bethel!

by Atlantis 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

From a JW site.

A nice little corner for the young ones at the Central America Bethel branch in Mexico.

. . A nice little corner for the young ones at the Central America Bethel branch in Mexico. Photo shared by @jw_centro_america Thank you from JW-Archive.org .

Nevada!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks Atlantis!

I'm forseeing a JW.ORG Theme park in a few years, just like Disney world.

Great for the kids, family life and Watchtower revenue, including gadgets and dolls.

The American dream is still alive, come true by the Watchtower Society.

G.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Gorbatchov:

I wouldn't doubt it a bit! I thought the same thing.

Nevada!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Wouldn't it be a little difficult to have a "Dress Code" for Bethel, if the kids think they are going there to have a good time?

Nevada!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Hi Atlantis,

My respect for the Wachtower is growing more and more. They made a plan to soften the sharp religion.

It must be a great time for younger JW's, using multi media during the congregation (instead of br. Old and Angry on the stage),

using tablets and Ipads, and JW Broadcasting.

My definition of the change: Jehovah's Witness have become an output religion, "Look what we do!".

This can last forever, the gates just have openend.

G.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Where the heck are Jim and Tammy-Faye?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Gorbatchov: My respect for the Wachtower is growing more and more. They made a plan to soften the sharp religion.

You don't really mean that your respect has grown for the Watchtower, do you?

I was in the religion solely because I thought it had the one and only truth. I didn't need or want social structure and I had a rich life before I became a JW; I didn't need JWdom to fill a void. When I was in, JWdom was serious and bold and dignified (at least seemingly so). JWs prided themselves on being different and being willing to suffer and sacrifice and be persecuted. The fact that JWdom has gone (and is going) softer and more mainstream is, to me, an admission of failure. JWdom has sold out. The old version failed; it was wrong. It's gone - abandoned. This new soft version is spineless, weak, corny, goody-goody, feel-goody, non-intellectual, ignorant, dishonest. I want no part of it and have zero respect for it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Gorbatchov: My respect for the Wachtower is growing more and more. They made a plan to soften the sharp religion.

As long as WT continues to preach death to billions of non-JWs at Armageddon (and lately the idea that most JWs won't survive is growing among JWs themselves), has a harsh disfellowshipping policy, uses harsh Judicial Committees which violate basic rights to enforce conformity, has no financial transparency to its members, bans blood transfusions, has no charities, etc, I don't know how WT can be considered as 'softening'.

You can candycoat a turd...but it's still a turd.

As far as the "children's section" pictured above, all I have to say is this:

"It has been found that the best way to insure implicit obedience is to commence tyranny in the nursery." -Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister

Notice the picture that's supposed to be "fun" for kids is of Caleb going door to door. That's not fun...it's pure indoctrination.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Magnum: rrspect for the package and marketing strategy. Not for the ingredients and doctrines.

G.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They have definitely hired a PR company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit