A picture paints a thousand words, but ...

by Simon 22 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

While I appreciate people like to post funny pictures from time to time I think it's sometimes gotten a little out of hand and has had a detrimental effect on some of the topics. While many of the pictures are humerous this isn't intended to be a meme site and there's a tendency for pictures to keep pushing the line and becoming more crude, gross or shocking.

I'd like to request people think twice before posting things like this. I'm not saying they are outright banned but please think twice before posting them - do they really futher the discussion any or do they detract from the conversation?

Many thanks!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

So you removed my image and post of 'fat bastard' from a well known Austin Powers movie, which could have been emphasising a rather important point about the topic at hand (woman divorced for not having sex) but Outlaw posts silly, mocking images and memes every post he makes?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, and I also removed images that outlaw posted as well (including, coincidentally, many copies of the exact same image you are referring to).

Please don't imagine you were singled out, yours just happened to be one of the first I came across - nothing more.

Apologies for not posting the announcement before the change - I was actually going through the archives and just got to the end / current posts.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Incase you're thinking of stopping all of outlaws posts from here one, I like seeing them. I'm always curious with interesting topics what sort of joke and pictures outlaw can possibly come up with for them. I haven't noticed excessive picture/meme posts unless it's the past week or 2.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Frankly, Outlaws snickering dog has become tedious. I enjoy his posts but the gimmicks are getting "dog eared"

• prologos
    prologos

also, with the law of diminishing returns, it can escalate beyond good taste, and not be enlightening, offensive rather than being genuinely intertaining. thanks Simon.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's it then, I'm done on this poorly organised, petty forum.

My picture of 'fat bastard' from Austin Powers was humourously making a relevant point that the Arab woman who didn't want to have sex with her husband and so was divorced by him may have been physically repulsived by him.

It's bad enough tolerating all the tripe and superficial nonsense on this forum that constantly snows over all the really interesting, important stuff without being patronised like some child.

Please cancel my membership Simon. Au revoir folks.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm precisely trying to limit the tripe and superficial nonsense - sorry you find the removal of some gross images that have nothing at all to do with a topic somehow too limiting.

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

In either language (both sides of the pond) of English it is either humorous or humourous. Get it right.

zed

• Simon
    Simon

When I post with my tablet my spelling goes to hell :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit