"Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali - The Story of a Muslim Apostate

by cofty 11 Replies latest social current

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks once again for your thoughtful posts Cofty.

Though I was aware of Ayaan Hirsi Ali I seem to have absorbed some of the negative comments about her, and therefore not got to appreciate who this wonderful woman really is, and how progressive, (way in front of nearly all Western Politicians and Pundits), and how very perceptive she is.

I shall certainly read her books, and I think she is so so right that we need to tackle head on the whole religion and concepts of Islam, not just the results, i.e radicalised youngsters willing to perpetrate acts of terrorism.

I was struck at the end of the Video at how similar her situation with her Mum was and that sufferd by offspring of JW's, we have to suffer the same incomprehension from our parents, they think our eternal lives are at risk, we know their remaining years are at risk.

And yet we cannot say "There is no Hell" like Ayaan cannot say, because our parents will hang up on us.

This means that for us too, we have to tackle the JW religion head on, not just the symptoms, but quite how we do that, and quite how Ms Ali's ideas will actually work in practice, I am not clear.

I do feel the time has come though, for Isalm and for Fundie Cults like the JW's etc to be challenged far more directly, their beliefs and practices deserve no respect or holding back, they need to be exposed for what they are, and the alternatives need to be offered to the poor ones trapped within the mental prisons created by these evil regimes.

• Simon
    Simon

I do feel the time has come though, for Isalm and for Fundie Cults like the JW's etc to be challenged far more directly, their beliefs and practices deserve no respect or holding back, they need to be exposed for what they are, and the alternatives need to be offered to the poor ones trapped within the mental prisons created by these evil regimes.

Amen! (forgive the pun).

These barbaric, backward and selfish ideologies definitely need to be challenged or at least not given the free ride of being excused for their every crime that they have been given for way too long.

We need to be much more supportive of those from other groups who have the same challenges that we have, whether better or worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit