WHY are Watchtower leaders OBSCURANTIST and how can we fight them effectively?

by Terry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Outlaw has been around a whole lot longer than I have on these forums and his number of posts make mine look

like a Newbie.

I have no issues with him at all.

Sooner or later, just about everybody is going to get into a dust up with somebody else.

I'd rather it be a friend (I do consider Outlaw a friend, by the way) than with a jerk-wad JW troll. (They pop in and out all the time.)

You know why? We all need humbling now and then.

Outlaw is a straight shooter and I know he gets annoyed with me when I use city slicker words like OBSCURANTIST and drag

Plato into it.

So, shame on me.

I accept the criticism. I'll be more mindful in the future.

Now, what say we kiss and make up.

SMOOOOCH!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Terry!!..

Meh..

I just disagree with the thread..No more than that..

Even threads I disagree with,can still bring good idea`s to the table..

Look at Finklesteins post..

He thinks JW.ORG TV will make the WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes look bad..

I`d have to agree..Thats stuff we can spotlight..

JW`s on the Way Out,can benifit from that..

It will Never take the WBT$ Leaders down though..

You keep writing,people enjoy it..

.......................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Outlaw says .....

How can you fight the WBT$ Effectively?!..

YOU CAN`T

But you can help the public and JW faders toward opening themselves up to information to what the WTS.

contains as a organized religion, helping them ease their way out of the Kingdom Halls.

.....and its people like Terry that have contributed to that effort very well, after all isn't removing members actually fighting the WTS ?

Let all opposers of the WTS never become obscurantists either.

It would be a good guess that this particular web forum alone has helped perhaps thousands leave the JW cult

in its more than ten years of existence.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "How can you fight the WBT$ Effectively?!... YOU CAN`T

Finkelsein - "But you can help the public and JW faders toward opening themselves up to information to what the WTS contains as a organized religion, helping them ease their way out of the Kingdom Halls."

Which is, arguably, fighting the WTS effectively.

x

Frankly, I think even Outlaw is - in his own way - fighting the WTS effectively (even if he doesn't think so) simply by virtue of posting regularly on this forum.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Outlaw's style of making satirical humor of the corruption of the WTS. has its own effectiveness.

GO OUTLAW

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Thanks Terry .

Marked.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think we all have personal responsibility to fight back. It can be in little ways, covert ways. It can be writing a story that celebrates everything the WTBTS hates. It can be using quips and quotes to make people think. You can throw out littertrash if you see it. You can speak TTAT to any listening ear, knowing THEY will spread TTATT. You can put JWfacts.com stickers in bus-stops, street signs, subway stations. You can give kids money and have them canvass a parking lot with pamphlets, or have them tag something. ( they are gonna do it anyway )

Terry is right, we need to fight. Outlaw is right, you can't "rescue" a willing victim. There is a middle ground. Spreading factual information whenever you can. We can never know who is doubting and searching, suffering or hurting. We can't tell who is on the edge. We CAN do SOMETHING. If we want to help dubs and help future converts, then we must walk the walk AND talk the talk. Otherwise, this site is just a place where we bitch and pretend to care

DD

• Ajax
    Ajax

Terry - Thanks for all your views, your expression of them is consistently educational.

I am one of the thousands who have benfited from this site for the past few years. (I used to post under another name).

I found you when I was in a bad place courtesy of JWs unique flavor of hate. I got some great advice from posters here, as we have mostly shared experiences in our lives. I quit long before the internet, when freed people had to suffer in solitude.

Imagine the joy at realizing that thousands were leaving just like I had, but now had a network of support, stimulating intellectual input in place of stupid propaganda. I've learned more here in three years than I learned in 15 years as a JW.

I would love to meet so many of you. Until then keep posting and speaking out about totalitarian religion.

• Terry
    Terry

I take the view (reinforced by many, many e-mails and messages over the years) we all underestimate how

powerful it can be to RAISE POINTS OF DISCREPENCY AND FACT out loud and in print.

If a person is undecided which course to take--their mind is opening to ADDITIONAL thoughts not previously considered.

If you say some tiny thing which raises a point of consideration---it can be a powerful lever poised to lift the veil and expose the true truth.

Maybe most of the time JW's don't listen or won't listen.

But--IF THE RIGHT THING IS SAID AT THE RIGHT TIME . . . it can make all the difference in the world to changing their life for the good!

That keeps me going!

When I was a little boy, my grandmother (who was Catholic) used to watch a TV program produced by the Christophers.

I would sit in her lap as she watched it. The only thing that stayed with me was the opening of the show.

The screen was black . . . then a match was struck . . . and a candle was lighted as a chorus sang this song:

"IF EVERYONE LIT JUST ONE LITTLE CANDLE . . .WHAT A BRIGHT WORLD . . . THIS WOULD . . BE . . ."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOv4q8DKE2Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit