Man grant divorce from wife who refused sex

by usualusername 14 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

A court in Dubai has granted a divorce to a man who says his wife is possessed by spirits and refuses to have sex with him, reports suggest.

After persistently denying him sex, the woman finally told her husband to discuss the issue with her parents, the Gulf News daily reports, without naming the couple.

They told the man that his wife was, in fact, possessed by a jinn, and that several religious scholars had unsuccessfully tried to exorcise the spirit, the paper says.

Upon hearing this, the husband lodged a divorce case with the Dubai Sharia Court. His lawyer told a hearing: "The woman and her family cheated my client. They should have been honest and clear about the fact that the wife was possessed by a jinn. He was only told about the jinn after the problem escalated. The woman does not deserve any allowance."

In Arabic mythology, jinns - or genies - are spirits able to take human and animal forms and to exercise supernatural influence over humans.

The court awarded the husband the divorce, but asked him to pay around 40,000 dirhams (almost 11,000 US dollars or 6,800 UK pounds) in maintenance to his ex-wife.

The Dubai Appeal Court later upheld the divorce, but cancelled the alimony. It decided that the woman does not deserve it since she was not honest about the djinn issue, Gulf News says.

• zeb
    zeb

• cofty
    cofty

This is what happens when you you order a modern society around the ravings of a 7th century misogynist.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Actually, the persistent refusal to have sex with one's spouse without a verifiable physical or medical reason is grounds for divorce in most every country. Even JW's recognize this as grounds. Of course, the subsequent "freedom" to remarry is another matter.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I used to work for a membet of the royal family in Dubai. I was in chatge of properties in owned in London. He had " sting " give a concert once at his place in Westbourne Terrace. Anyway he always treated me great, gave a great income and a free luzury appartment to live in. I say this to say i dont judge his morals because he treated me good. But this married man and the wild life he lived with prostitutes was crazy. Then at Ramadan he was in Saudi..a perfect and moral muslim. Now as for his wife, lets just say i know couldn't cheat, but money buys happiness.

I found it not hypocritical, just a different culture. I mean who we are i have learnt is so much based on how our culture brings us up.

• designs
    designs

Possessed by the Gin...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I doubt this Sheiks wife was ever given sex by him. That is just my guess.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

designs if your comment " possesed by the gin" was directed at me. I grew up in affluent Rickmansworth, twenty minutes from London. At 25 i had my own estate agency, at 30 i was perfectly qualified for the post. ( the qualificatons were simple obtaining an interview and presenting myself as trustworthy)

I have learn't that life and happiness are NOT based by living to superficial standards of happiness. I have lived in Sweden very humbly from rental properties in the U.K since my little boy was born. I have never been happier the last 10 years.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Can I file my divorce there?

• flipper
    flipper

Maybe that was the problem with my fanatic JW 1st wife . She was possessed by a "jinn". She never wanted to have sex. Learn something new everyday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit