The ignorance of the "sheep"...and will door to door work phaze out due to being "challenged" too much at the door?

by integ 17 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Integ- Do you see the Baptist Church going down or the Presbyterians going down or the Catholics. Humans need their myths until something better comes along.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Integ: How can people be so freaking obtuse and ignorant in this day and age?

None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see. - Matthew Henry

• SAHS
    SAHS

The WTS’ message now, especially with those Caleb and Sophia animated videos (theocratic Sesame Street), seems at least to appear sort of more warm-and-fuzzy-like. But I thought that they would be gearing up to the time (shortly . . . . evidently) when the message is supposed to be getting really hard-hitting, supposedly like ‘giant hailstones.’ Looks like their whole scheme is getting a subtle rebranding right across the board.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I share your frustration and amazement at the sheer stupidity and obtuseness of JW's even in this modern information digital highway age, and the desire to punch GB members in the face LOL HAHA, but basically the reasons JW's are so loyal is no different than the reasons hundreds of millions of Muslims kneel down and stick their bums up in the air 5 times a day......they are psychologically trapped in a family and community tradition of immense peer-pressure where the price of non-conformity is very high. They are all victims, basically. The severe shunning and ostracism policies of such religions and cultures is the KEY factor that keeps them going along with it year after year after year...

• Fernando
    Fernando

I wonder if the d2d work is more likely being phased out, by means of initiatives like "trolly folly", jwTV and jw.org due to basic math lessons the GB have taken at JWfacts.com.

Total hours of FS worldwide for a given year namely 2013 [ 1,841,180,235 ],

divided by (an estimated) half the baptisms, namely those not recruited by their parents [ 0.5 X 277,344 ],

divided by a 10-hour-per-month publisher's hours per year [ 10 hours per month X 12 months ],

equals x-years of doorknocking by a 10-hour-per-month publisher per baptism via doorknocking.

Years = 1,841,180,235 / (0.5 X 277,344) / (10 X 12) = 110 years

In essence, using 2013 figures, it will take a 10-hour-per-month publisher (an average of) 110 years to generate 1 baptism via doorknocking.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

2 pioneers came to my door several weeks ago now. I am in a new town so I could be anonymous. It was awesome to ask the questions I knew they had no answers for. I am not df'd or anything...I just disappeared. I became the worldly family member who has the questions a baptized witness can never ask. They were handing out the JW.org tracts and did not expect me to decline and then challenge them on blood and where the fractions they use come from as well as their no donate policy. I could talk about only jw's surviving Armageddon...after all, my pretend family keeps telling me I'm going to die at the big A for not being a baptized witness (my real family gave up on that threat). The UN scandal(which of course was impossible)...all brought up. 30 min of them thinking "why us????". Not because I was rude or disrespectful in any way but because they don't get to talk to people much anymore. I kept apologizing and saying that I understand that their faith is important to them but it's not my path to take. They just had no idea how to engage with real answers. They merely dodged questions, denied or lied. Of course not only jw's will be saved...The discussion on blood was completely ridiculous. Unbelievably.

They kept saying I sounded truly sincere and I was...sad none of us could have those sincere questions as witnesses.

They are not prepared for real discussion anymore. Tracts and tablets. That's it. I hope I sparked a little something. Funny, they haven't been back. I am prepared though ;)

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Fernando”: “Years = 1,841,180,235 / (0.5 X 277,344) / (10 X 12) = 110 years”

For quite a lot of JWs like me, I think that the number of years needed to generate enough interest for even a “Bible study” would be almost infinite because I usually only get about two to four hours per month but at least half the time we’re at the doughnut shop or I’m on the Internet (mostly here) or napping in the car while my devout JW parents go on calls. So, evidently (I like using that word now, “evidently,” just for the funny irony), the whole door-knocking thing is just a show-of-loyalty / keep-banging-your-head-on-a-wall type of exercise used to help perpetuate the spell of indoctrination and devotion. And they think they’re really getting somewhere with it!

• Joliette
    Joliette

I dont think that religion is coming to an end anytime soon. Their just in a stage of redefinement at this point. They may even change the name of the religion in the next decades or so.

Dont hold your breath; not ending anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit