The ignorance of the "sheep"...and will door to door work phaze out due to being "challenged" too much at the door?

by integ 17 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Hello friends.

I notice alot of talk about the future and what it would take to bring the whole thing down and no one seems to think it can or will happen any time soon. Just seeing people here talk about what will happen once 2034 comes and goes is very discouraging.

I'm amazed this religion continues to move along as it does. Building, growing etc. How can people be so freaking obtuse and ignorant in this day and age?

Isn't this an "information age"? How can people choose to remain so absolutely blind and unreasonable? How can they not at least do unbiased research on their choice in life?, and that's what this whole thing is...your LIFE.

How can they look at the faces of those GB members in those pictures and not want to punch every one of them in the face? lol... but seriously.

All these changes that they call "New Light" and these fools just nod their heads and clap like trained seals at ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they hear at the meetings? Why can't they sit down and THINK about what has gone on?

Cowards. Afraid to put their beliefs to the test. They run like weak minded losers when confronted with honest debate and hide under the guise of being "loyal to Jah". It's okay to go knock on other peoples doors and disturb them and preach THEIR BELIEFS...but they have the unmitigated gall to invade your property and demand you LISTEN TO THEM and offer nothing to debate. And if you do, it is YOU who are being rude and not amiable.

It occured to me that at some point you wonder if they might discourage the door to door work because of too many householders daring to question THEM on THEIR beliefs and trying to flip THEM around instead.

Just incredibly furstrating and thank you for allowing me to vent.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You gotta love the ole view-point question routine.

"Hello there wicked householder, let me ask you a viewpoint question

just so I can proceed to tell you how wrong you are, yay for me"

An end to D2D work?

They may pull the plug because the average witness doesn't have a clue

what they actually believe anymore, let alone "defend" it with a decent arguement.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Well it is very interesting to see the new emphisis on showing videos to people. That takes any real reasoning or explaining out of the hands of regular publishers and makes them mere automaton, a vehicle and a smiling face to push the play button. It makes the message consistant and universal, homoginous and universal accross the spectrum of a given geograhical area. It will in effect render the ministry meaningless as individual skill and approach will be netualized In favour of the genaric video of the month.

• prologos
    prologos

so much for the New Covenant " Law in people's HEART" now it is in their I pad app's memories only.

The heartless religion shows it's true colours.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey integ!

I agree, the mindlessness is frustrating.

Sadly most householders, including especially Christians, are no different, and have nothing substantive or useful to offer the next doorknocking WBTS cultist.

Just ask almost any "Christian" to explain what the gospel is in one word.

The result is the same as a "car salesman" that does not know that a Ford is a motorcar.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they are following the lead of the LDS in this as they usually do, and phasing out the "importance" of DtoD work.

By bringing in Trolley Folly work instead, and certainly cutting back on dishing out free mags in favour of the cheaper tracts and leaflets, they make the R&F feel important and busy, whilst cutting costs.

I would dearly love to see an educated Public who would actually challenge the JW's, but that ain't gonna happen, the Public really are "Not Interested !" as they tell the JW's when they knock, and so will not see any reason to educate themselves about the wacky beliefs so as to be able to challenge them.

Here in the Secular U.K (there are more people here who say they have no religion than those who claim a belief) it must already be soul-destrying for the average JW, more than a lifetime of knocking at 10 hours a Month is needed to make one convert, so most JW's will never bring anyone in as a new convert, in the whole of their lives.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I have never known such a dumb lot as in my KH at present.

They know nothing about the Bible, even less about their own religion and the sad fact is they don't care either!

The main topic of conversation post-Sunday meeting is "Where are we going for lunch?" and post-Thursday meeting "Where are we going for a drink?"

George

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Very little "challenging" of the Witnesses takes place at the door.

Most are simply (NH) Not-at-Home, even if they are just hiding behind the curtains.

I see the trend being instructions to play a video on their iPad to questions that surface.

(See the post about an upcoming Service Meeting part this week or last week concerning the explanation of 1914.)

Doc

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Integ, i think they send us out on the door work as cannon fodder to the slaughter. To thinlk even 1% of those doors knocked care about J.Ws is i think a pretentiouse thought.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't think them being challenged at the door is really an issue, because A- it so rarely happens; most householders are too indifferent to bother, and B- those aren't the people they are looking to indoctrinate anyway. They go after those who are more ignorant of scripture than they are.

The real issue is that JWs are getting less and less skilled at converting even those people, because so many of them can't explain even the simplest of doctrines that are supposed to be universally held by JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit