Let's Say 1914 Was The Establishment of God's Kingdom....what is the significance?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Let's Say 1914 Was The Establishment of God's Kingdom....what is the significance?”

Um, where is it? There would only be a significance if there were any such kingdom to be observed. To quote a line from a famous movie, Jerry Maguire (1996): “Show me the money!”

This “invisible kingdom” is really just another psychological mechanism for control, just like all the other imaginary concepts religion uses, such as hellfire, purgatory, limbo, heaven (sometimes with “72 virgins,” depending on which side of the world you live), Valhalla (Norse mythology), “enlightenment”/Nirvana (Buddhism), etc. It’s always the same thing: something invisible (of course!), or at least only visible to “special” people with “special” glasses or something (think Joseph Smith of the Mormons, native Indians hopping around the campfire strung out on “magic” mushrooms, African “holy men” wildly bouncing around to banging drums bombed out on rum and Coke or whatever in a “spiritual” trance, etc.).

Sigmund Freud could see through the modus operandi of religion as an anthropological/sociological phenomenon. His opinion was that religion was a “neurosis” – a figment of human imagination arising from “repressed feelings of human dependency on a father figure.” Looks like nothing but of sleight of hand there. So, I guess folks who are bend on “seeing” and reporting on the invisible goings-on of the big “upstairs” of the netherworld are just basically kind of, well, nuts – especially when they keep getting things wrong all along!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Island Man, There you go understanding JW doctrine better than anyone still in.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The significance is that Jesus only has 900 years left of his 1000 year reign and he hasn't done much with the 100 years he's been reigning.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Let's Say 1914 Was The Establishment of God's Kingdom....what is the significance?

........................................................................YOU CAN PURCHASE A NICE..

.....................................................................WBT$ JW.ORG UMBRELLA NOW!!..

.............................................................................................................................................................. http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Great post SAHS!

• simplytruth
    simplytruth

Jesus has been reigning on the throne since 70 A.D. After he died, ascended, and sent the comforter, he went to make atonement, the veil was torn, we are back in the Father's presence through him, and the temple that dwells within us. Scripture is very clear that his kingdom is not of this world, does not come with observation. He did not come to deliver us from the world, but from evil. The last enemy to defeat is death. Death was defeated on the cross. Satan has no real dominion over us, any longer. Sin and death according to Isaiah 65:20 and in Chapter 66 will always be in the world. We already have the peace available to us that Paul showed on his way to the cross. Look at Matthew 5:17 Do not think I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until ALL is accomplished. The Jews did not accept Christ as the Messiah, because they said he did not fulfill all of the prophecies. They wanted him to rule from Jerusalem physically here. He told Peter the temple would not have one stone left upon another, if they say lo...he is in the desert, or lo, he is over here...do not believe them. Jesus is the second Adam. He did what Adam failed to do. The law was used to show us our sins, so we would see our need for the Father and choose him. Adam was told the day he ate from the tree of knowledge of good in bad, in that very day he would die. He hid him self when he heard God walking in the garden...he was then thrown out of the garden and died a spiritual death in that very day. Check out Exodus where Moses begs God not to take his presence from them. The Scripture that talks about the apostles seeing Jesus ascend into heaven in the clouds...the angels said, the way you saw him go, is the way he will come again. In the Exodus, God was in a cloud in the day, and a pillar of fire at night. God is an all consuming fire. What are we waiting for? What was not fulfilled. He said get out of the flesh, walk in spirit and in truth. He finished it all, we are in the kingdom, Satan has been defeated for we don't fear the first death, only the greater death...spiritual death...the abscense of the Father. Heaven and Earth were not used in physical terms. Heaven and Earth are both still here, yet all of us agree, we are no longer under the Law, so how else can you explain this Scripture. We are just like the Jews. We are claiming is not all fulfilled, there is something yet to be done. Read Jocephus Antiquities of the Jews, the War of the Jews...compare to Matthew 24. It will blow your socks off. This is how the JW's got so off course, and pay close attention to how the Christians fled to the mountains and the Jews went to temple and they were destroyed. Titus took down the last wall, and during his victory celebration, they went to put the wreath of victory on his head and he said, "the victory does not belong to me, but to the God of these people, who poured out his wrath upon them. Jocephus was a Jewish historian, Tacticus and Roman Historian....enemies, wrote seeing the same things. Hearing the voice of a thousand yet one, trumpets blasting, the sky parting like a scroll, seeing chariots in heaven and fire raining down. All we have left to do on this earth is to continue to build the kingdom, run the race with endurance, die and our "ruach" or breath returns to the Father who blew ruach into Adam's nostrils on the day he formed him. Gap theory in Gen 1, 2.....1.created, 2. formed. Different words. What if this is correct, and those waiting for Jesus to come back, or to rapture them (1 Thess talking about ressurection, not rapture). C.S. Lewis wrote.. the most embarrassing passage in Scripture (there is no such thing, and how dispicable to say) is Matthew 5:17-22, because it appears even Jesus himself the second coming wrong. The bible never says second coming. It says the Great day of the Lord, the coming of the Son of Man, Coming on the Clouds (which always meant judgment) Google C.S. Lewis and most embarrassing Scripture. Finally, the lion and the lamb laying together, peace...Read Paul's words who sang on his way to his death...sin death sorrow, pain, all were wrapped up in the cross. Please go to a site called Devoted to Truth by ecclesia. The writer is a Richard Anthony. It is called preterism. It is considered heretical, and unorthodox. At first reading through it, I was angry. When I went back with seven translations and a Strong's concordance and actually looked at the Scripture without my JW eyeballs on, or my baptist eyeballs on, I actually read the words, and they were very different from what any of us have ever been taught. Even at best, if you don't believe any of it...explain how we are not under the law if all these things have not been fulfilled...those were Jesus's exact words in Matthew 5:17.

• minimus
    minimus

Simply truth, interesting first post. And your simple point is???

• Terry
    Terry

If God's Kingdom was established in 1914 and yet life goes on with injustice, hatred, starvation, child molestation . . . what the hell difference

did it make?

The illogic of a Supreme Being being unable to have things the way He wants it for thousands and thousands of years is laughable.

the ineptness and extravagence of his pathetic schemes to achieve perfection is mostly a dead giveaway this is a silly myth.

He who is the Boss is responsible when things continue to go wrong.

Nobody is in charge of this world except us.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

There is another event that coincides with Jesus becoming King in 1914 that matters too, and unlike Jesus' invisible appointment as King it is a visible event.

It also happens to be the only thing about 1914 that Watchtower says today that it also said in C.T. Russel's time. And that is it's the end of the Gentile Times. That means it's the end, or the farthest limit, of mankind's rulership of itself. Here's how Russell explained it.

"In this chapter we will present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the Gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that date will see the disintegration of the rule of imperfect men." (The Time Is at Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, Volume 2, 1907 ed., page 76, par 2) -bold emphasis added.

Here we are, 100 years later, and the Nations (Gentiles) have not disintegrated at all, but are still clearly ruling themselves. Unless I'm missing something this visible event, that did not happen, should prove that the coinciding invisible event of Jesus becoming King also did not happen.

1914, and all that Watchtower has said about it, has been a complete failure.

• minimus
    minimus

Two thumbs up for the logical comments on this thread.☺️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit