The more people who leave the Witnesses, the more people will leave. True?

by ThomasCovenant 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cults shoot their wounded. There is no way to leave with dignity, and no way to leave that has much effect on those still in.

I do feel in my bones theough that pressure is mounting, so so many realise they are trapped in something that just ain't right, but must appear to be fully believing.

It was the same on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall, until 25 years ago, the pressure had got too great, and people pulled it down.

One day, perhaps, those Wimpy Wits will grow some balls and do a similar thing.

• Terry
    Terry

Sadly, EX-JW's are befuddled when they leave. It takes so many years to sort out what happened and to make sense of it in a rational way--

the former member usually lapses into introverted silence.

Only a few are angry enough to become useful exponents of whistleblowing.

Among the whistleblowers the least effective are the emotional ones who bait JW's and heap loud abuse.

I know, I was one for a long time.

Being ineffective is pointless, and it really doesn't appease the sense of violation or anger.

Eventually, I saw it was better NOT to be the APOSTATE demon the JW's expected to see when they looked at me.

What if I settled in and had a normal, happy, liberated existence by way of refuting their expectations?

That seemed more prudent.

I started realizing you can't win a theology argument EVER with a JW.

This is not because they can't be proved wrong---no, far from it.

It is because it doesn't do a thing to convince them there is something wrong with their religious cult. It is because

cognitive dissonance REAFFIRMS the stranglehold once they are challenged!

Like an alcoholic, a JW has to hit rock bottom by having the fake "love among themselves" suddenly fracture into lies before their very eyes.

They have to see for themselves how phony it all is first hand. No description by others will even scratch the surface.

Among the people who finally leave, do research, become rational, begin seeing there is more to life (and the Bible) than they had suspected . . .

well--that's when an EX-JW is poised to be really effective.

Eventually, if not already--there will be more EX-JW's than current and active ones.

I only wish the former members could reach the state of health and awareness to be better spokespersons.

Losing your family and (fake) friends isn't easy.

There has to be SOMEPLACE for them to go for refuge, to lick their wounds and heal.

If we create a hostile enviornment--they will surely either slink back to the Kingdom Hall or jump out of the frying pan into another one.

Worst still, by disconnecting from the interior emotional bond with a celestial Santa Claus--Ex-JW's often become bitter atheists who want

to slash your numinous tires and paper the hopes and dreams of heaven with toilet paper.

Once you discover there is no "there" there---you realize one day you will die--and that's all there is to life.

The real trick is in getting busy building the best and most productive, charitable life you possibly can.

You only get out of this world what you put into it---if you are lucky.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

There is a link on reddit to this page, which is a transcript of 50k paid out for elder misconduct.

There is also a Dec. 18, 2010 BOE letter that says that the secretary should count the active publisher cards: "Active publishers are all those who have reported some field service time within the past six months."

Was it always that way?

Therefore 2 hours a year (or .5 hour per year for the disadvantaged) constitutes a peak publisher.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The more people who leave the Witnesses, the more people will leave. True?

To some extent it is probably true. However, the Jehovah's Witnesses are such a "born-in" cult that you more than likely have to make the decision to leave your family if you decide to leave. The chances of entire families leaving are very slim.

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

I believe that's true, but I don't think it will be a mass exodus, more like dribs and drabs. I think the issues that people will leave over will be:

The shameless promoting of JW.org.

The continued arrogance of the GB.

Public awareness of the pedophiles in the congregations.

The nonsense and hypocrisy of 'blood fractions'.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

When I went to audio engineering school they gave us a quote: "If you can sell records, you can sell more records."

I'd like to think the same for other situations as well: "If you can help 1 witness leave, you can help more witnesses leave."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Vid,

(Frankly, I suspect the GB actually wants the fence-sitters and "lukewarm" to f**k off, but that's a whole 'nother topic.)

It is easy to draw that conclusion but I think they dread to see that actually happen, because they would shit their pants for sure. I'm sure they under estimate things when they are in denial with a biased towards Jehovah's blessings and not towards the actual loss in numbers which might indicate people are getting feed up with their bull shit.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Meetings are like drugs- just say NO.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Lemmings do leave the "herd", the will follow it right off the cliff or being brain washed and held captive by the BS in the Watch Tower stables.

• kaik
    kaik

There were mass exodus in the past within the WT and nothing happened to the core business of the organization. Nothing. Not fiasco in 1919/1925-1975. There were some waves in the past and will happen in the future, but WT is not going anywere. In 1990s WT lost 1/6 of males in Czech republic due flip flopping doctrine on alternative service, many predicted it will be the end of the Czech WT. JW are still there, even when branch office was closed and they never achieved the same prevelance as they did in 1975-1994. Even some areas were consolidated, the attendance is down and the number of publisher is down, the organization have not collapsed on local level. There are suckers born every time and many will stay with WT until they die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit