2014 Annual Meeting Online

by toweragent 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

Okay, so I followed the link and my PC froze. No big dieal, but I couldn't help noticing that Loony Lett looks like he may have a bad case of "blowers cramp".

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, I watched it, and nothing mentioned about Basic Pioneering as was confirmed by others. An interesting point was picked up in Losch's interview talk with experienced elderly ones. A comment a sister made was she heard an announcement that week, during lunch, at Bethel, about Bethelites being invited to attend Pioneer school. She felt this to be good, because when she pioneered years ago, there was no Pioneer school.

The Basic Pioneer (10 hrs a month) may still be a reality, but it was announced somewhere else than the AGM

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

My conclusion after listening and viewing the annual meeting online: The JW Governing Body Seven are the epitome of what bullshitters are made of!!!

Not that I didn't already know that!

• millie210
    millie210

Around 3hrs into the Annual Meeting video, Mr. Lett is giving atalk regarding parables. He says that the ten virgins parable is about annointed christians staying faithful. Then he says that the "evil slave" parable in Matthew is also directed at annointed Christians if they were to not fullfill their duties (as in individually). I thought the Faithful slave was the Governing Body! But, the would be evil slave would be just the annointed Christians who proved unfaithful? This seems strange, since the "faithful slave" is said to be a 7 member governing body, but the "evil slave" is individual annointed Christians.

What tells me is that the GB is feeling the heat from the rest of the annointed not liking how they have been benched by the 7.

They must feel real pushed if they are gearing a talk just to the rest of the annointed that arent taking the changes well.

Can you imagine the letters they have gotten?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's a good observation, Millie

• blondie
    blondie

The pioneer school has evolved over time.

1) allowing pioneers to go for a 2nd time

2) allowing circuit/district overseer wives to go

3) allowing bethelites to go (yes, it has been done before)

When I went I remember being astounded that we were directed to call on people in the morning and go back the same afternoon to followup (not wait 2 weeks). Then go back 2 days later and try to start a study with them. That was 30 years ago.

As Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit