What happens after a couple of thousand years of paradise?

by Hortensia 16 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

After a millenium or three god gets bored. He sets up some damn loyalty test

Yeah. I don't think God can go that long without displaying how powerful he is in some way, being the omnipotent narcissist that he is. Maybe he'll create another Satan, and start the whole thing over again.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Its like the matirx when the Architect sais that he built a perfect world for humans but they kept rejecting it because humans require suffering to survive. So he built the Matrix to mirror the world that humans are used to.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Hortensia

I've thought of trying to write a short story about how bored everybody would be after a billion years or whatever of Paradise, at which point they've seen and done everything a million times. Literally. I gave up on it because it was boring.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Likely the people get bored first. If they actually have free will, they will start experimenting with Mary Jane, and of course alcohol.

How much alcohol will a person be allowed in the new order before they are 'sinning'? Or will they be allowed to form competitive sports leagues, or even play board games competitively? Or, as Data Dog mentions, a little sexual experimentation - will that be allowed? We all know how much God dislikes Oral already!

You can only take so many picnics on the rolling green grass hills of paradise before you want to take your own life out of sheer boredom.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha! Awesome thread!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, I think it would be a contest -- who gets bored first? People or god, or angelic choirs.

Very funny comments!

What about jesus betting bored? or pissed off? or is he a company man?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Actually I think god (if there is one) moved on long ago, creating other things in distant galaxies we will never discover. He is much more interested in creating new worlds, universes, etc then he is with paying much attention to us disobedient humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit