FuGK This Religion- Stop Ruining My Life!!!

by wallievase 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wallievase
    wallievase

I am sorry for the title but today just took the cake. After not going to the meetings since August and trying to sort through this with my family, my wife today told me she wants to separate because of our differences over being a witness or not.

This is ridiculous. So i said- how can you separate from me when the religion you whole heartedly believe says you can only separate for 3 reasons- abuse, willful non-support, or stopping her from her meeting attendance, etc. I clearly have not done any of those. She didnt have an answer.

I am just done with this crap and i am losing everyone around me. Somebody out there pray for me.

• cofty
    cofty

wallievase - I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.

I get the impression that JWs are getting bolder about separating from "apostate" partners. It's a despicable cult!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Sorry to hear of your troubles with your JW wife. One of the hallmarks of a brainwashed cult member is that they can't handle anyone having differing views and opinions. They feel like THEIR way is the ONLY way. Ask your wife to give you a BIBLE-BASED reason for wanting a separation. Ask for specific verses If she can't provide them, tell her to ask the Elders and get back to you. The only reason they will be able to give is that you have a differing opinion about religious matters. Your wife is obviously just following the party line fed to her by the Elders and fellow JWs Please get back to us after your wife answers your specific questions. Best of luck!!!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That is a tough situation to be in. Sorry to hear you are facing this. If the Watchtower had any credibility at all it would tell it's members to never do this to a spouse that don't believe.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Am sorry about your situation.

The three reasons for separation is new to me.

I was under the impression the bible allows for separation/divorce only in case of infidelity.

Nonetheless,I sympathize with your situation. Hope she thinks things over and changes her mind.

• prologos
    prologos

do you have any money? see a lawyer to make sure you are not completely taken to the cleaner(s).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s been happening for as long as I can remember..

Usually nobody notices it until it happens to them..

All your instant friends turn into instant enemies..

They can`t all be wrong,so it must be you in the wrong!..

It`s a mob mentality,don`t expect anyone to be reasonable..

.......................... http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I sent you a pm.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its instances like this that show just how dangerous and damaging this relgoius cult can be..

They present deviously concocted lies to coerce people into it and if and when a person realizes its a fraud, organized to cultivate power wealth to its prevailing leaders,

they quickly demonise these individuals and muzzle them from the rest of the associating cult members, even family if need be.

Its has to be realized and accepted that this organization was made by men who were trying to extrapolate support from the general public

and they did it be exploiting people's fears, insecurities and ignorance.

Well done Watchtower Corporation.

Sorry to hear about your plight wallievase , the other engaging part of the mental indoctrination process the WTS has established for its own protection

is to instruct people in how to treat any opposers within their organization.

In doing so, your quickly pointed as being demonised and against god, ( his earthly organization ) to be accordingly ostracized and shunned.

But once its realized just in how this religion got started, is it really surprising why they have this structured in the religion ?

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Sorry to hear about your situation, There is a Brother out of Texas that is going thru the same thing as you are now. His name is Ricky G.

his is also on JWSTRUGGLES youtube interview. get ahold of him, he is a good guy.

I often feel that if my wife doesn't open her eyes i will be in the same boat. I hate this religion!!!!!!!!!! it's a cult!!!!!!

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit