Terminology the Society Hates?

by toweragent 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

A bulletin board is where the catholic papal bulls are posted.

I don't think "Bullet in board" is accurate lol.

Splash

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

They don't like to use the word "shun".

They have perfected the artful deliverance of the word, but do not use the word itself.

-Aude.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There is no problem peat & repeating the name 'Jehovah' in a talk, prayer or in a question and answer discussion. You can do likewise making continued reference to the 'Governing Body' without someone thinking bad of you.

There is no way in hell a JW will be counseled for overusing either of the above expressions.

But I do promise you that you will catch hell if you make repeated reference to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ at a meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses.

So in answer to the thread: 'Terminology the Society Hates?'

Well let me just say that on more than on one occasion I personally have been advised and counseled to change my tune do to my making too much of the name 'Jesus Christ'!

Nevermind what Prov 30:4 says: '....Who has estabablished all the ends of the earth? What is his name and the name of his son- If you know?"

• toweragent
    toweragent

In talking with a group of "friends" last night, I accidentally slipped another one: "fall from grace" and "orginal sin".

I guess the preferred term is "the rebellion in the garden."

Go figure.

• rocketman
    rocketman

JW GoneBad pointed out nicely their whole issue with the name Jesus Christ, or Jesus. Try thanking Jesus for any thing. Try mentioning Jesus as having anything to do with blessing the congregation, and see what reaction you get. And you had better not speak of having a relationship with Jesus, and yet you can have one with Jehovah.

I'll chime in another word: Service. Don't call a meeting a "service". But it's OK to refer to service in other ways, such as field service. But since the no-good churches call their gatherings a "service", it's wrong to call a meeting such, of course. Apparently, service is something that only happens when you're moving, and can't be rendered standing still.

• Terry
    Terry

Let us delve deeper still . . .

Despots damage the thinking of those under their spell of authority by corrupting tools of thought.

Language is your first tool of rational expression. When you "think," you are using silent, interior "words" personal to you alone.

If the Governing Despots can drill into your mind and REMOVE your private thoughts, they can hijack and take possession of all future thinking.

What the Watchtower Society does . . . oh, so insidiously and methodically . . . is to place a roadblock inside your head.

Where you are joined to humanity, history, and rational discourse that BLOCKADE veers you off the main road on to THEIR PRIVATE ROAD.

The language of Christianity is a vocabulary firmly rooted in the history of our world.

Jehovah's Witness ideology denies this and seeks to make it appear untrue.

What do I mean? Read on.

Christianity was a process which actually happened.

The manner in which it was made a permanent record is ALL the clue we have about what happened.

If any religious denomination can prevent you from accessing, understanding, and thinking/talking about Christianity (by corrupting

your vocabulary) they can do it by giving you a SUBSTITUTE or PROXY version.

The best red flag to a CULT is the way language is distorted and controled.

Every time you encounter special jargon in JW dialogue you have an ALARM BELL sounding for you to take notice of and investigate.

Ask yourself "WHY" this has been changed from actual historical use?

The reason given (indeed, IF any) is always a lie.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Preaching - Field Service

Preacher - Publisher

Hierarchical Positions - Priveleges

Preaching time limits set - Pioneer

Cant remember more, as I am out for more than 4 years :-)

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Don't say JW's are a religion........they are a way of life.

• Heaven
    Heaven

the rebellion in the garden

This sounds like a great name for a rock band and/or album title.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Their argument against saying "New Testament" is particularly weak. Compare their reasoning [ ahem..cough ] with Christendom's. They also hate the terms "critical thinking" and " independent thinking." They have re-defined these terms as well.

They REALLY hate " Jeehoober's Witlesses" and "Watchtards!!"

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit