What are the ODDS Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY TRUE religion?

by Terry 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The entire Organization shoves all its chips into the center of the table on one bet: they are the only mouthpiece of God on earth.

What are the odds to this bet?

The statistic for Christian denominations make JW's 1 out of 41,000 opinions.

A chance of 1 in 41 thousand is a tough bet to win!

Which is most likely?

If ABC TV broadcasts SHARK TANK and your TV receives MISTER ED . . . something is definitely wrong with your TV set!

All the adjustments you'll be frantically making might indicate it's time to buy and NEW TV.

"I'll wait on Motorola. They wouldn't sell me a bad set." Is that what you'd say? Unlikely! You'd demand a refund.

The few old guys who run this religion have little regard for equality of women, education for the young, charity for the unfortunate, or the deaths of

children who need blood upon a doctor's recommendation. Ask yourself what kind of person puts THOSE things at the top of the list.

The reason JW's set dates for the End of the World is a simple question to answer.

From the very beginning, this denomination was a speciality religion catering to eccentric people.

At first, regular church members broke away from their brothers and sisters because William Miller's predictions about Jesus Advent (2nd coming) were

exciting and scary.

But stop and think! When these predictions were PROVED WRONG (called the GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT) what did they do?

Did they accept the fact they were wrong?

NO.

They kept on guessing!

Pastor Russell continued that nonsense and added other ridiculous bells and whistles: The Great Pyramid, for example.

What kind of crackpot Christian breaks away from fellow believers to follow that kind of nonsense?

Ask yourself that and you'll get the true picture of the birth of Jehovah's Witnesses under Judge Rutherford.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CONTRARIANS and they were (and still are) over eager to be right by making EVERY BODY ELSE WRONG.

Are they humble people?

If so, their opinion has been inflated into the mind-boggling arrogance of calling their opinions THE TRUTH.

Yet, their "truth" keeps adjusting, shifting, changing and not a single leader has the humility to APOLOGIZE or explain why it changes!

A certain personality type is attracted to a religion which INSISTS it has the only true teaching while refusing to explain why

that teaching is never quite right.

Ask your self this question:

If you took everything ever printed by the Watchtower Society for the first century and compared all of it to what is being taught now--WHY is all of the previous teaching NO LONGER TAUGHT?

All those books are no longer true!

The millions of hours of reported time spent door to door were totally wasted on junk NO LONGER TRUE.

Is this not the very defnition of fraud?

WHY push your chips ALL IN on a lousy 1 in 41,000 odds bet?

Why not invest in your own mind and rational thinking instead?

You'll have a lot more to show for all your effort at the end of your life instead of standing

on a cold, windy street corner waiting for that Armageddon bus to Paradise to show up!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's what my family has done for generations --

BET IT ALL on the WT's promise of living forever in the Panda Petting Paradise.

Guess what?

They lost it all except for one little piece of real estate -- 4 ft X 8 ft X 6ft deep.

But I understand it's very peaceful there.

Doc

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Deseriouseofchange: If a witness is fortunate to have " a small piece of real estate" more often than not they leave it to the society.

I will leave a lot of real estate to my kid.

Why?

I believe it's the second best thing i can leave him.

The first is love. But i worked for the property i own, and i die happy if my boy has them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The answer to why so many people embrace the WTS's theological teachings unquestionably

is not ony because the deliberately pointed out faults of other Christian based faiths but by the psychological imposition of fear

which noncompliance could inevitably result in.

In essence the WTS has made itself the saver Shepard for the faithful flock to follow, which is going to eventually lead to saving their lives

in the soon to come evaluation by god.

This is a big factor to why so many are willing to wager themselves with the WTS.

The WTS. has done a good job of exploiting people's fears, insecurities and ignorance but at the end of the day they still retain the over all power,

control and wealth.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

when will people understand " Religion" " Business" and its success is based on property. As the Native Indians used to say " Nobody owns the land" and Gold is " yellow sand" i admire the Indians.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

How true Terry you highlight just how nutty the Watchtower Org really is.

If you invented a story of the history of the JWs it would seem too far fetched by far but it's all true and people are still being duped and ripped off by them.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Religion is property Business is property. Power is property. Security is property. love is not ownership. i have a lease on my boy. When i set him free at 18? i hope its with out teligion, or business, or powetr . my gift i hope is love and a little financial security. But my greatest gift will be the encouragement of his gifts and Education to be his own man. Education, not indoctrination.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Religion is property Business is property. Power is property. Security is property. love is not ownership. i have a lease on my boy. When i set him free at 18? i hope its with out teligion, or business, or powetr . my gift i hope is love and a little financial security. But my greatest gift will be the encouragement of his gifts and Education to be his own man. Education, not indoctrination.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Compared to the odds of me ever going out in F.S. again, or donating money, or doing ANYTHING for JW.ORG, those odds are very good!! :)

Nice summation, Terry.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It's not possible that all religions can be right . . . but it is possible they can all be wrong.

-Matt Dillahunty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit